X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressurized toilets

I have a customer with a commercial building where the toilets back up frequently. There is not quite enough fall for the 3" line to have been installed properly ie: some t's and 90's laying down because the exit pipe enters building too high. Every few months or so I am called to unclogg the line, wich has only some toilet paper hung up blocking the flow. Would a pressurized flush toilet flush with more force to help overcome the problem?
    Baker Home Services

DEPENDS WHERE THE STOPPAGE IS LOCATED. A 1.6GPF PRESSURE ASSIST TOILETS CARRIES THE WASTE APPROX. 35' WITH PROPER GRADE. IF THE STOPPAGE IS CLOSE TO THE TOILET, THEN IT WOULD DEFINTALLY HELP. IF IT'S DOWNSTREAM TOO FAR, THEN YOU WILL NEED TO CORRECT THE MAIN ISSUE. INPROPER GRADE. IS THE OLD TOILET 3.5 GPF. OR IS IT 1.6? A 3.5 WILL CARRY FARTHER THAN 1.6. SOUNDS LIKE YOU CAN SEE THE PLUMBING FROM UNDER THE BUILDING. IF YOUR NOT 100% SURE OF THE EXACT CAUSE, A CAMERA WOULD ASSIST IN THE PROPER ASSESSEMENT. IT WILL HIGHLITE THE HIGH AND LOW SPOTS IN THE SYSTEM. ALSO ARE THERE ANY OTHER FIXTURES UPSTREAM THAT WILL HELP CARRY THE WASTE FARTHER DOWN?

Comment

Thanks for the info on pressure toilets, Rick. Currently there are 4, 1.6 gal toilets. I can see the pipes in the crawl space and know even where the clogg occurs, it is about 6 to 10 ft from all 4 toilets- sounds like a pressure toilet would help.
      Baker Home Services

Comment

Working...
      X