X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac,

It's obvious why Plumbdog10 is a pipe fitter and not a service plumber. I do not believe your problem is sediment. As Rick pointed out you have a strainer on your regulator which should clog with sediment before sediment goes through your house. If you are convinced you have sediment in your main you should install a replaceable cartridge type sediment filter at the connection to your coach.

I don't recall ever being in your community but did spend some time in DeSoto, Kansas during a cross country motorcyle ride. Both communities take water from the same treatment plant and I do not recall the water being that hard. I went to your water companies web site and checked the hardness of your water. While it is hard it is nowhere near as hard as the water is where I live.

It sounds like you may have some disolved magnesium and calcium in your pipes rather than sediment. The scaling in your water heater is likely calcite. I've seen as much as 200 pounds of sediment in some homes with really hard wells. Cleaning sediment out of your water heater on a regular basis is normal maintanance and will save you on your energy bills.

Good luck with your problem but it is hard to give you exact answers without being there. Again if you really think it is sediment from the main the filter I recommended will show it fairly quickly. If your coach is connected with a 3/4" flex it will only take a few minutes to install the filter.

Mark

[ 07-22-2005, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: ToUtahNow ]
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

PLUMBDOG, AT FIRST I COULDN'T SEE THE CONNECTION BETWEEN BASKETBALL AND SEDIMENT. AS I STATED IN MY FIRST POST I WAS CONFUSED. THE MORE INFO MAC GAVE US, THE MORE HE KEPT INSISTING THE CORRELATION BETWEEN THE KIDS AND THE WATER, THE MORE I CAN SEE THE POSSIBILITES. IF THE LINE IS BURIED SHALLOW AND UNDER THE COURT, THEN A BASKETBALL BOUNCING OVER THE DIRT, IS SIMILAR TO A WACKER COMPACTING DIRT. WHO KNOWS HOW DEEP OR SHALLOW THE LINE IS BURIED. DIG IT UP AND EXPOSE THE PIPE. I WOULD THINK AT THIS POINT, MAC IS NOT HOLDING BACK THE FACTS. HE COULD BE AT THE END OF THE WATER LINE BRANCH. AS HE STATED FROM SOME SIMPLE TEST, IT SHOWS UP WHEN THE BALL IS BOUNCED OVER THE PIPE.
      I KNOW AT FIRST THIS ALL SOUNDED FAR FETCHED, BUT MAC'S FACTS ARE HIS FACTS. MIGHT BE A GOOD TIME FOR A RIDGID FORUM ROAD TRIP. MAC, HOW'S THE WEATHER? IT'S HOT AND HUMID HERE IN SOUTHERN CALIF. I AM SWEATING LIKE A DOG.
      PLUMBDOG, KEEP IT COMING, I ENJOY THE "BANTER".
      RICK.

[ 07-23-2005, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

to plum puppy

43 years in the trades, passed my c-38in ca.

and i,m no ones foreman.

i write the checks to guys like you!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic:
          to plum puppy

43 years in the trades, passed my c-38in ca.

and i,m no ones foreman.

i write the checks to guys like you!
          1) I'm not sure how passing the C-38 (refrigeration contractor) exam qualifies you to give advice on domestic water service problems.

2) "...and i,m no ones foreman." With your lack of writing skills, you would not be qualified to be a foreman on any of the projects I have managed.

3) I hold both a C-36 (Plumbing) and a B (General Building) contractor's license in California.

4) "i write checks to guys like you!" You might write checks, but I doubt they are to guys like me.

5) If you own your own business, great. I hope it is successful. I do what I do because I want to.

6) Because you flamed me, does not change my original opinion. I feel K.L. has more of a neighborhood feud problem, than a plumbing problem.

This is evident from the fact that he has been given advice from several well qualified plumbers (plumber, plumber rick, et al), yet so far he hasn't seemed to have tried anything they described. He just keeps writing about the kids next door.

7) If you want to get in the last word, feel free. This is my last post on this subject.

Your hero,

plumb puppy
          the dog

Comment

pup make that c-36 and gen b

why not learn something from rick.
            he is always here to help!
            any jerk can can bust balls. that is not what these sites are for.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X