X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash filter followup

I went to a friendly plumbing supply store and explained my problem. I have to install the filter outside as there is no room for inside installation before the water heater. The only filter of which the fellow knew was an inside type cannister filter. He suggested a heater designed for small spaces available at a local hardware store. I built a box to contain the filter and have space for the heater. Then completely flushed all the interior plumbing----getting a coffee cup or so full of the calcium carbonate out of the system. I disassembled two faucets and the tub/shower valves and the cold water feed to the washer and cleaned all the crap out of them.

Been three weeks now---NO trash clogging the system----there IS trash in the filter----installed in the copper service line just after their water meter. However, the neighbor kids have been gone---no basketball playing. School starts Wednesday---so the filter will be tested in the coming weeks.

A big to the folks who offered solutions and a big [img]tongue.gif[/img] to the detractor. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

good luck, hope you get a break! tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

MAC, GLAD IT WORKED OUT.

VERY CUTE FINAL LINE. HOPE THE DOG LAUGHS TOO.

RICK.

Comment

Working...
      X