X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOWER HEAD

One for you experts out there. Whats the best way to secure the pipe that you screw the shower head to? with a wife who likes to "adjust" it, i'm afraid i will end up with a leak at the joint behind the wall.

install a drop-eared 90 behind the wall to blocking of some type this should hold the pipe tight this is pretty much all you really can do that i know of. A drop-eared 90 is a brass fitting, you need copper X fem adapter, it has to ears on the back so you can secure it to the blocking behind tha wall.

Comment

what type of piping is in the wall? The drop-ear 90 Elbow (aka Wing-Back Elbow)is the best way to go. These fittings are available for almost all types of piping materials (copper, cpvc, pex, poly). Most good hardware stores carry these or get one from your local plumber. You will probly have to cut open the wall to install the Elbow and the blocking(1x4 or 2x4 wood works great). Screw the elbow to the blocking with some heavy brass screws, don't use galv. screws.

Comment

<Install galvanized pipe> strap it to your 2 by 4 and you will never have A problem with your wife breaking it. Ole the rooter man

Comment

Working...
        X