No announcement yet.

Shop sink drain line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since it's basically grey water, no poo solids or chemicals, why not just dump it into a dry well next to the building? It doesnt have to be anything huge. An old lift station basin with the bottom cut out on top of a gravel base would suffice.

or, you could make the basin a grinder pit and pump everything to your main drain at the house. being in MS, it shouldnt freeze, right?
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 05-16-2014, 04:53 PM.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Yep, Punky, life's a bit different down south. If it ain't permitted why make the bother of digging
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        I suppose that as long as nobody else that might not know where the sink drains, uses it and that it gets remove if the house is sold, it must be ok. We don't need no stinkin codes
        . Eventually I'll be building a new house on the property and when I do the septic will be bellow the level of the shop. At that point I'll add a bathroom to the shop and tie the sink drain into the septic. The pipe that is under the concrete will be fine for this and should pass code. No one but me uses the sink. What would someone potentially put down the drain that can't go on the ground? You aren't suppose to put chemicals in a septic anyway, and I hope no one is taking a dump in a sink.

Comment

a dump in the sink? that would be too classy for here. they pinch it next to the toilet or try to squeeze it down the floor drain
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

just wait for the urinal,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Ever been to india or Pakistan? You cna pretty much bypass the funnel and just piss in the streets.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X