How Stupid is this Commercial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Stupid is this Commercial?

Every time I see this, I shudder at the thought of how many kids will be trying this at home. As a pro plumber, do you find it upsetting also? Or is maybe the thoughts of some drain un-clogging work down the road making you smile?

eh, anything that fits down the toilet trapway is bound to go through the rest of the plumbing. worst case, a plugged building trap. some kids are just retards with no common sense anyway.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Amazing toilet

Comment

Not bad. There's an Australian toilet made by caroma that can flush a potato. That's how they demonstrate it at the trade shows.

of couse there's always the disclamer, Kids, don't try this at home..

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

• Doctordeere
          Doctordeere commented
          Editing a comment
          "Kids, don't try this at home..."

Whenever I hear that, I cant help but think... Challenge accepted!

The local plumbing supply house had a ToTo toilet display that you could flush a dozen golf balls thru that ended up in a strainer. That display prompted me to buy a ToTo for my house. A few weeks later one of the counter guys asked how I liked the toilet and I replied " I put the toilet in my basement bath and it worked great but ruined my ejector pump, "all of the drainage in the basement goes into a ejector pit and gets pumped to the sanitary stack" , he looks at me and asked what happened? Well when I was looking at the display you said I could flush a dozen golf balls in the toilet and it would not clog, well it didn't clog the toilet but really did a number on the ejector pump..... The counter guy did not know what to say....priceless....

Comment

I ran the golf ball test on 4 toilets. An AS champion 3, a Koehler Cimmeron, a Toto and an 85 dollar Mankesa from Home Depot. Guess which one flushed the most?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
            eh, anything that fits down the toilet trapway is bound to go through the rest of the plumbing. worst case, a plugged building trap. some kids are just retards with no common sense anyway.
            How about if there's a partial blockage, say from tree roots, down the line somewhere? That material the kid's flushing doesn't look to be dissolving anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
            X