Australian Job offer fell through....Bugger Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Job offer fell through....Bugger Help Please

I'm in a bit of a pickle.... I am currently trying to get my Permanent Residence status re instated for Australia by applying for a Resident Return visa, part of the process was to have a job offer as a Plumber Gas fitter. I had a job offer but the guy who offered me the job has been seriously injured and looks like he cannot run the business no more. I need a job offer to show I have ties with Australia. I used to be a Gas Service tech for Southcorp water heaters (Rheem) 15 years ago. I am not going to hold anyone to an offer...but I need a brother to help me out with some paper work.
    Ex-British Gas Service Engineer
    Canadian Red Seal Journeyman plumber
    BC Class B gas fitter
    Over 24 years experience
    I cannot do another winter here in Canada....the nine months of winter are killing me...My trailer Jetter was winterised with antifreeze rated to minus 40 and my pump froze solid...
    If anyone can help me out please pm me.
    Regards Mark

So let me get this straight you were here in Australia with a good job with Rheem 15 years ago and them the grass looked greener over the other side of the world so you said bugger Australia and what we offered and moved on but now the grass where ever you are now is to cold and wanting and you want to return to Australia why don`t you just go back to England and bugger off as we don`t want freeloaders who don`t appreciate what Australia offered you in the first place

Tony

Comment

So Tony, can I still visit, but just not stay

The door is always open for you. Maybe even the tool shed

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

So Tony...Racism sounds like its alive and stick kicking over there...You properly hate the Asians over there too??? F.Y.I.
        My partner is Canadian and we met in Vancouver, had our first child here and was planning to move back, but her sisters baby died tragically so we decided it was best to be close to family for support.... Our family tree is full of branches with members of our family all over the globe....Im gonna take it you've lived in one suburb and your family tree has one branch....A.K.A. Red neck!

Comment

Sounds like a good bit of drama here. Can anyone backfill me in on why while I make some popcorn.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If you want warmer weather maybe you should consider Socal?

If you are a Canadian Citizen it should be quite straightforward to secure a TN visa with a job offer here.

Comment

Aren't you all part of the Commonwealth? That makes you brothers

Ben mix up a shake, this might have more drama than tonight's The Bachelorette

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by British Plumber View Post
                So Tony...Racism sounds like its alive and stick kicking over there...You properly hate the Asians over there too??? F.Y.I.
                My partner is Canadian and we met in Vancouver, had our first child here and was planning to move back, but her sisters baby died tragically so we decided it was best to be close to family for support.... Our family tree is full of branches with members of our family all over the globe....Im gonna take it you've lived in one suburb and your family tree has one branch....A.K.A. Red neck!
                So, I'm wondering, do you and Tony have history? If not I didn't detect any hint whatsoever of "racism" in his post!

In the good ole US of A, playing the "RACE CARD" isn't acceptable until its your turn to play.
                Sorta like a poker game, you "PLAYED OUT OF TURN"!!!

Now, however, since you have played your wild card so to speak, I'd be hard pressed to support you in any endeavor. Not because you might be a person of color, because I personally don't know you, but simply because you attacked a respected member of the forum for no just reason, that I could see.

Secondly, just because someone is a "Red Neck" doesn't mean they are in-bred, or racist. It actually comes from a light skinned persons neck color turning red after working bent over in the sun. It's sad how some, and our country is full of them, like to turn that around to make it sound racist, or in your case, worse.

In closing, and to quote the great Kenny Rogers, "You have to know when to hold'em, Know when to fold'em, Know when to walk-away, Know when to run".

Me thinks you went all in with a "Wild Card" and lost the pot!!!

Comment

• sewermonster85
                  sewermonster85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was awesome!!!!!!!

Its a known fact that Australians don't like the Brits...maybe a cricket thing...who knows....But to be attacked by saying Bugger off back to England....Your not welcome here in Australia...Is a racist attack because Im British.
                In Australia Brits are known as Poms...or Pommies...not many Australians know what it stands for... Prisoners Of Mother England...it dates back many years so in fact us Brits are not the Prisoners of Mother England but the Australians are....Believe it or not thats where everyone in Prison in England was sent. This is History folks I can't make this stuff up....
                Its like How do you piss off a Kiwi...Ask them which part of Australia they are from....
                So Arizona Plumber with out spending time in Australia you would not understand that as an attack and obviously went over you like a 747.
                Anyhow makes for a lively night at the pub us Brits and the Ozzies....
                Remember this I could give Chael Sonnen a run for his money with trash talk!!!

Comment

• ArizonaPlumber
                  ArizonaPlumber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Racist: Someone that makes judgment based on race and not on facts or achievement.
                  Bigot: Someone prejudiced or openly against someone with ideas or lifestyles different than his'.
                  Prejudice: To make judgment before knowing the facts.

Again, I read nothing in Tony's post that was racist. I imagine he feels the same way about a lot of folks, and race has nothing to do with it. I sometimes feel that way about certain folks on this forum whose names I won't mention. BUT, I'm not being racist, I just have issues with some of their prejudices. (See Bigot above)

I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone on this forum knows how Australia came about. So much for the history lesson.

You're assuming that I've never spent anytime down under. Well sir, you are again in error. As a matter of fact, a 747 could not have flown over my head at the time of my visit. They didn't even build it until 1969. But Sidney was a premier R&R destination in 1968. IIRC it was a Continental 707.

As for trash talk, you win. How could I compete with Bugger Off.

As an aside, I have Quigley Down Under and Thorn Birds on DVD/Blu-Ray.

• Big Jim
                  Big Jim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "It was a Continental 707."

Was it Tiger Airlines by any chance?

• ArizonaPlumber
                  ArizonaPlumber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jim,
                  It was Continental, the Proud Bird with the Golden Tail

Thank goodness we are all friends here whether we like it or not.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

• Cleanmen2
                  Cleanmen2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good call Mark...........!!!!!

I'm not convinced about the cricket - I thought Australia was quite good and have been beating England for a while. Besides don't they lead England in the Ashes

Comment

Originally posted by British Plumber View Post
                  Its a known fact that Australians don't like the Brits...maybe a cricket thing...who knows....But to be attacked by saying Bugger off back to England....Your not welcome here in Australia...Is a racist attack because Im British.
                  In Australia Brits are known as Poms...or Pommies...not many Australians know what it stands for... Prisoners Of Mother England...it dates back many years so in fact us Brits are not the Prisoners of Mother England but the Australians are....Believe it or not thats where everyone in Prison in England was sent. This is History folks I can't make this stuff up....
                  Its like How do you piss off a Kiwi...Ask them which part of Australia they are from....
                  So Arizona Plumber with out spending time in Australia you would not understand that as an attack and obviously went over you like a 747.
                  Anyhow makes for a lively night at the pub us Brits and the Ozzies....
                  Remember this I could give Chael Sonnen a run for his money with trash talk!!!

When I first read your first thread I was going to ignore it but each time I read it I got more and more annoyed at this freeloader who thinks of Australia as a stepping stone to a better life a person who came here in the first place and was welcomed to Australia but made no commitment to staying and becoming an Australian but he wants another chance for residency as it is too cold where he is now just maybe you should have thought about that before you stuck your middle finger up and left Australia
                  You call me a racist in my last reply I made no reference to your nationality but seeing that you brought it up you seem to think you have a right to come to Australia because your Britsh well you don`t just as Australians were banished after England joined the common market and gave us the a=ss where we had no rights going to England
                  I was surprised by same of the comments and wonder how Americans feel about people immigrating to the US and not making a commitment to stay and accepting the up`s and downs of your economy but purely for monetary reasons and then moving on and wanting to return after it hasn`t worked out in other words using your country and having no respect for the country they immigrated to in the first place

Tony

Comment

British it is not often I jump in to support our Tony but you are out of order. We had a red-headed Sheila here who knifed the Prime-Minister for the top job. She was the answer, in her eyes mind you. Then the blokes got up and challenged her. Did she fight, NO. She laid down the Misogynist card and went on the attack of blokes not respecting women. Your post stinks of similar. What you don't understand is that most Australians are getting sick of being the good Samaritan for the rest of the world. We have every Joe come down-under and get hand-outs galore whilst our elderly and children cant get good hospital care and have to battle at every step. Many of us are embarrassed because we have so many soft-ons who bow down to mongrels like Mahatir. We have leaders who sell us out to other parts of the world. Unfortunately we don't have the same patriotism that the Americans(aka Yanks or septic tanks...........sorry guys I know you are laughing and not taking me seriously). We allow Uni students to burn our flag and pee on our Policemen. So yes we are a little mixed up but we are sick of the freeloaders that come and rape our country and take take take. We used to have the Italians(aka wogs back in the early days and actually call themselves such.) The Europeans brought love and talent with them. They contributed and helped to build. They settled and acclimatized. Most worked and expected nothing. Unfortunately later generations have fallen into the expect everything but we are working on this. So you want to come back, what are you going to do for Australia instead of Australia doing for you. Arrizona got it right. Tony isn't a racist. You shouldn't have manned up and not sooked up. You should be appreciative instead of attacking a true citizen. Being that quick to criticize has done you absolutely no favours. Now call me a racist if you dare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                      British it is not often I jump in to support our Tony but you are out of order. We had a red-headed Sheila here who knifed the Prime-Minister for the top job. She was the answer, in her eyes mind you. Then the blokes got up and challenged her. Did she fight, NO. She laid down the Misogynist card and went on the attack of blokes not respecting women. Your post stinks of similar. What you don't understand is that most Australians are getting sick of being the good Samaritan for the rest of the world. We have every Joe come down-under and get hand-outs galore whilst our elderly and children cant get good hospital care and have to battle at every step. Many of us are embarrassed because we have so many soft-ons who bow down to mongrels like Mahatir. We have leaders who sell us out to other parts of the world. Unfortunately we don't have the same patriotism that the Americans(aka Yanks or septic tanks...........sorry guys I know you are laughing and not taking me seriously). We allow Uni students to burn our flag and pee on our Policemen. So yes we are a little mixed up but we are sick of the freeloaders that come and rape our country and take take take. We used to have the Italians(aka wogs back in the early days and actually call themselves such.) The Europeans brought love and talent with them. They contributed and helped to build. They settled and acclimatized. Most worked and expected nothing. Unfortunately later generations have fallen into the expect everything but we are working on this. So you want to come back, what are you going to do for Australia instead of Australia doing for you. Arrizona got it right. Tony isn't a racist. You shouldn't have manned up and not sooked up. You should be appreciative instead of attacking a true citizen. Being that quick to criticize has done you absolutely no favours. Now call me a racist if you dare.

The tears are running down my face I didn`t think you cared as you usually put the boot in when I am down I think you feel the same we all love our country we don`t show it as the yanks do we are not the hands on the heart we don`t express it in public and don`t like it when immigrants don`t have respect and just look at Australia as a big dollar sign what I was trying to say is what Cleanmen so eloquently said above

Tony

Comment

So first off, I'm not coming by boat...I'm not a take take take person, far from it, Here in Canada I'm employ Canadians, Jobs my business created. I have indentured 8 apprentices over the years. I typically contribute to community /economy so to be told I'm a freeloader??? You don't know me...The money I have paid to go to Australia, some of it goes to the indigenous people, like when I moved to Canada a right of landing fee goes to the Native Americans. Have any of you donated to the indigenous people in Australia?
                        I am certainly not looking at Australia a a big dollar sign...Im right on the door step to the richest province in North America and I have the Alberta oil sands money to tap into....I could understand if I'm coming from a third world country you could see it like that....but trust me its the opposite. I expect my standard of living in Australia to decline and I am fine with that as money is not the be all and end all.

Comment

Working...
                        X