• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    So Tony, can I still visit, but just not stay

The door is always open for you. Maybe even the tool shed

Rick.
    Rick

I was reading in one of our news papers how hard it is getting into the US just to visit with you home land security its a no no if you smoked dope twenty ago if you were drink driving or convicted for being over the speed limit exposing yourself being balled and your immigration doesn`t take kindly to illegals they put them on the next plane out and not in an immigration centre for months on end as we do and the list went on and I was thinking what the hell the Yanks are just thinking up these excuses to keep Australian out so I don`t think I will try I`d rather go to Bali where the sun shines and its cheap

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      Rick

your immigration doesn`t take kindly to illegals they put them on the next plane out and not in an immigration centre for months on end as we do

Tony
      Not entirely correct - sort of true for those caught sneaking in at the border. But for those who came legally and then became illegals due to visas expiring etc - thee is a due process to be followed and in some cases people are allowed to live in their residence while the removal case is pending.

Comment

Tony, I honestly don't think its that hard to come here for a visit. I know the first time I went to australia I needed to get a visa and visit your embassy for a quick interview. That was 25 years ago. New Zealand was not an issue the 3 times Ive gone. Tourism is big business in most countries.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick if you want to move to Australia the easiest way is to go via our pacific cousins, New Zealand. Seems we don't check them as thoroughly as we should.

British, you played the racist card so suck it up. You say money isn't everything and that you are going to go backwards coming downunder, bugga. If you want to come and contribute without sooking up then come. If not we really don't care where you go. What we are sick of is those that come and expect yet our elderly and children go wanting. We are way too soft and afraid of standing up and being patriotic. I actually admire the USA and those that actually are patriotic to such. That is leaving out those who over the top so as to speak. Look at the Asians and Europeans, tell me they aren't patriotic.
          SAying this when we go to their country we must play by their rules. What is the difference.

Comment

I don`t what is going on the thread I posted to Rick above was today the 4th of June at 1.59pm eastern standard time but it says I posted it yesterday which would have been the 3rd of June or am I in some time machine or now just thinking about it is giving me a headache that is what this forum does or does it I need to lie down now

Tony
            Last edited by AFM; 06-04-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Tony, adjust your date and time options. Scroll to your name ais sending out erro messages the top right corner of your screen. touch your name and scroll down to user settings. That opens your home page to allow you to see your profile. Then move to account settings and scroll down to date and time zone.

or just wait til I visit and ill fix it for you.

or better yet, i can call you, tell you I'm from microsoft and your computer is sending out error messages. Then i can take over your computer and do it for you. Trust me, i know what I'm doing. Doesn't everyone get this call every month.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                Tony, adjust your date and time options. Scroll to your name ais sending out erro messages the top right corner of your screen. touch your name and scroll down to user settings. That opens your home page to allow you to see your profile. Then move to account settings and scroll down to date and time zone.

or just wait til I visit and ill fix it for you.

or better yet, i can call you, tell you I'm from microsoft and your computer is sending out error messages. Then i can take over your computer and do it for you. Trust me, i know what I'm doing. Doesn't everyone get this call every month.

Rick.

I followed your instructions Rick but I am already on (GNT+10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok whatever that means but scrolling I came across
                (GMT+9:30) Adelaide, Darwin now give me a break why the hell are these two minor cities in Australia even mentioned when the two Major cities in Australia are Melbourne and Sydney I suggest someone on this forum put a little more into this forum and rectify and while I am on my high horse why arn`t the thanks shown on the bottom of each thread instead of having to go to one name at the top of the screen which is annoying

Tony

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                  PLUMBER RICK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  tony, we are all struggling with the new forum. there's some steps forward and some steps backwards. the bright side is new members are able to sign up and log on. bad news is the old members know what works and what doesn't.
                  the thank's is more of a like button now at the bottom right corner of each post.

rick.

• Cleanmen2
                  Cleanmen2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Settle Tony. Don't know about Darwin but Adelaide was certainly not a penal colony for the POME(Prisoners of Mother England) Victoria, however..............!!!!

Yanks don't get the Poms thing. I grew up with it in Australia and I'm 53. Been in the states since 12 but go down every year. All my Aussie relatives act like tony. No worries its an Oz thing. Aussies hold lots of grudges. A lot of the older Aussies are very racist, but so is everybody in some form. They bash the yanks all the time. That started in WWII Aussie men made $20 a month, Yanks made $200 while most the Aus men were fighting in the islands like my family the yanks were taking their women. Thats still a big grudge with the Olds. My accent comes back when I visit and family friends are always bashing the yanks about something until the family tells them to watch it there's one here and they get all flustered. Even though, they still like the yanks and will give you the shirt off their back. Years ago In some little town north of Brisbane, I saw groups of girls dancing with each other and all the guys playing pool so I says to myself what the hell and asked some off them to dance. It felt really strange the way they were acting but one agreed even though the others were reluctant. Halfway through the dance a group of the men comes over and says they want to talk to me outside so I go. I figured Id be bashed up but I wasn't backing down. They said we don't like you dancing with our women, I said back in my yank voice well in my country the men dance with their women. Right then things changed, they said O your a yank G'day mate tell us about.................. Next thing I knew they were shouting beers one after another I knew I'm supposed to reciprocate but they never gave me a chance and the beers just kept coming. Everybody wanted to anty up and buy the yank a beer. I never saw the women again, but with about 8 of the guys we closed three pubs and two nightclubs. I found out later from the hotel manager they took me back to the Hotel and put me in my room. Great bunch of blokes.
                My family picks on the one Irish in the family all the time, a Plumber and a true blue Aussie through and through and ex boxer. Hes turned over many a glass. (means you'll take on anyone in the Pub). He's a character, funniest guy you'd ever meet. Quick with the tongue. We had a bloody WOG (Greek) in the family for a while. He married one of our girls. His family was way up there in the Fruit and Veggy wars down south. In other words they were mafia. At the wedding the room was split all the Greek Mafia families on one side and the Aussies on the other. there were 2 bands one Greek one contemporary. My side laughed at the snake charmer music this horrible band was playing. It was a last minute replacement. Both side would fight over who would play. there was no association between the each family side and the parents of the boy said to the girls dad she's part of our family now you don't have to be involved. We were all horrified when the girls dad told us. The atmosphere was ripe for battle but I changed things by getting up and asking one of the younger Greek girls to dance. There was total silence except for the gasps of the Greek Olds, but she had been eying me and I had to do it then Our young men got up and asked their women to dance and visa versa, The last 1 1/2 hours went ok.
                My family picks on all the Pommie relatives too but we love them. We love the Queen but resentment is there. A lot of that is due to WWI Galipoli for my family. My grandfather was in the Light horse. My family doesn't like the Pompous British officers, lots of stories from the Olds about the Britt's. The Britt's call Americans rebels, But in Australia they called us convicts. It pisses them off. Since Australia's separation Aussies call them Poms, Prisoners of her Majesty , because they are no more.
                My family originates from Coventry and South Africa. My great grandfather fought with the Boars against Britt's in South Africa and was captured by the Aussie contingent at the end. The Britt's had an unjust price on his head so the returning Aussie soldiers never turned him in and smuggled him to Australia. thats how my family started in Australia. Tony's remarks are truley what Id expect from a true blue, Its part of being Australian, but I'd bet if you sat down and had a drop with him he'd give you the shirt off his back.
                I grew up with my familys major dislike of blacks. When my grandmother visited from Australia and we ate out she would always ask to see the chef. She would not touch the food if someone black touched it. I'd ask her whats wrong with a black chef and she would tell me their dirty, filthy creatures they are, look at their hands there black with filth. She ran the family and we loved her and picked on her about it but with the old people that type of attitude still exist down there,. For the most part I see a lot of the younger generation changing that environment, its not like it was 40 years ago but it still pops its head up just like in the states. My dad moved here 40 years ago for a better life for me. The family was angry at him for it. He kept his Aus citizenship till two years ago before he died when he decided he wanted to become an American citizen I made that happen. He managed to vote in the last elections the country he lived in for the last 40 years. I am extremely proud of him and miss him.

Comment

If you really need to have a job, try to look here in Australian Employment site, maybe you can see some of companies that looking for a new employee. Good Luck!
                  What is Jobstar? Jobstar means jobs in Australia through a cool new online website matching employer vacancies with job seekers.

Comment

OMG! could this be SPAM that is actually useful to the thread at hand?

i may die...
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

WaltSmith good post. Yes we are all a little racist somehow. However, it is not just Australians but many others. Look at the current conflicts, Arent the Muslims racist towards all who are in their terms Infidels. Our Tony gets a little hot headed but he is a good bloke, sometimes at least.
                      It is a pity that the opportunities offered today weren't as prevalent back when I was an Apprentice. In hindsight I should have travelled and experienced other countries with my trade. Now we just read and talk in forums like this which as good as it is will always be second best, but hey I thank all here for continuing to contribute.
                      Now I cant say if any of you decide to emigrate to our wonderful Nation you wont cop a bit of crap. However if you are like most somewhat patriotic as such and not hot-headed you will survive easily. Again I cant speak for the USA as a whole because I haven't experienced it first-hand but I bet you guys would give some gentle ribbing(teasing) just the same. Take Plumber Rick, he knows he will get a good show when our tight-arse Joe springs for the Round-up Downunder. He knows already we will turn on the best show we can even as newbies. He knows we are aren't all red-necks and we have a level of education. And most of all Rick knows most of us would welcome you guys here.
                      If I had some years up my sleeve I would treasure the opportunity to do a stint over with you guys, or England, Germany or other. It is all up to the individual and whether they care to open their eyes and learn. I have a Kiwi mate who is into leak detection. I went there for a stint to learn how they operate and all of them were shocked at what I told them we do. But there is more than one way to run over a cat so as to speak.
                      This is a personal opinion so be careful. I speak for what I know here and that is in almost every industry here we have filthy individuals who don't play by the rules. They con,cheat and steal and think nothing of it. There are many in every fraternity unfortunately. Money is good as long as it is earned. However there are many who care only for money and have no heart. There have been many businessmen I have met and read about who have no conscience nor compassion. Like anything if you are looking to come downunder to work it isn't plentiful right now so there are many things you must research first. Generally most of us are good blokes but there are always many who trade off of this and are not.
                      Anyhow Roundup Downunder will be a hit, Come and challenge Aussie Bill and all of us too. Share some stories, share some laughs and learn how to drink cold beer that is real beer. Throw another shrimp on the bbq and meet our Tony, the pocket rocket of the East.
                      See you guys soon, we hope.....................!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X