Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pump

Hi
    I'm Grant and I recently got a job to install a sump pump. I have read the instructions but I would like to get and expererience point of view on how to install a sump pump.
    Joachim Grant

Hi Grant, I will assume that your installing a Ridgid pump. The best advise that I could give you is to follow the instructions in the owners manual. Pay special attention to application issues such as restrictions against salt water/brine, and laundry discharge. These things will destroy a pump over a short period of time. As far as installation. Be sure to install a check valve of the recommended diameter near or directly in the base of the pump. Be sure that the pump is large enough to pump the water high enough for your application.

Comment

Grant go to SSPMA.org for some good info on Sump Pumps. Trouble shooting info, install info. Like the other posting stated follow the installation instructions for the pump brand you bought. This will protect you if you have trouble and can state "I installed it according to your instruction that came with the unit.” As for as what the other posting stated about “Pay special attention to application issues such as restrictions against salt water/brine, and laundry discharge” that to will be brand specific. Some manufacture place many restrictions on the “how” their units are applied. If you use it wrong and have trouble, you have eaten a unit. Some manufactures do not want you to have their unit after a wash machine. This is because they have a small inlet screen area or small opening in the inlet that will get plug up fast with lent. Look for a vortex pump design. That is a unit that has ½” openings in the inlet strainer and will pass ½” solids under the impeller.

[ 07-03-2002, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Norm ]

Comment

Working...
      X