Amazing drain work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing drain work

This apartment was just remodeled few hours ago. Any opinion about the drain in this kitchen? It looks nice the white and chrome togheter

Whoever did this should be in jail, unless he was a licensed plumber. In that case he should be hung by his ***sack.

Comment

Thanks ArizonaPlumber, I was waiting for your comments? This is the big problem I am confronting here, as the chief engineer does not see anything wrong with that ... Whoa ... All units (about 150) we're remodeled by the same people with closed doors (no permits, no inspections), most of the units have gurgling kitchen and lavatories drain, slow drains and some have sewer odors, those drains and vents are compromised and I am in the middle, as I am licensed, use common sense but those people are like cinder block mentalitity.

Comment

• BobsPlumbing
        BobsPlumbing commented
        Editing a comment
        "The chief engineer does not see anything wrong with that....." He or she is an idiot in this regard. Don't be afraid to tell them to their face either. If they want to play slide rule stupidity, then they choose to remain stupid.

Turn in EVERYONE that worked on it to your state board. Then send the pictures to the engineering licensing board with the "engineer's" name and approval of these multiple Rube Goldberg back alley abortions.

That drain is pretty high in the wall.. I give them kuddos for trying.

Comment

• ArizonaPlumber
        ArizonaPlumber commented
        Editing a comment
        Why? Kudos (from the Ancient Greek: κῦδος) is acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement.

Originally posted by lpd View Post
      Thanks ArizonaPlumber, I was waiting for your comments? This is the big problem I am confronting here, as the chief engineer does not see anything wrong with that ... Whoa ... All units (about 150) we're remodeled by the same people with closed doors (no permits, no inspections), most of the units have gurgling kitchen and lavatories drain, slow drains and some have sewer odors, those drains and vents are compromised and I am in the middle, as I am licensed, use common sense but those people are like cinder block mentalitity.

Are the owners putting your license at risk?
      The bigger issue for me, is the putting other peoples health at risk.
      Maybe its time to step up and do the right thing.
      Read something somewhere about commission and omission, and the consequences thereof.

Comment

Thank ArizonaPlumber, this is the "push" I needed to step up. Will keep you post.

Comment

Looks like straight garbage!
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Seeing this expose work, I understand now why I have big problems in snake those " new drains" that are conceal in the walls ... I am sure there are a lot of 90s

Comment

There is a bright side to this. Ridgid makes a seesnake microdrain that will navigate those 1.5" sch. 40 90's.

would be iinteresting to see what's in the wall.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

You wouldn`t get away with that here the Plumbing Industry Commission who licenses us would be down on them once their inspector had seen it there are penalties plus costs for rectification and the majority of plumber are not going to put their (Lively hood) license at rist

Tony

Comment

I seem to recall that Harrah's in Las Vegas did a couple of remodel jobs where there were no permits. Had to open up everything and start over. Life safety issues on electrical iirc.

Comment

Just 2 more units kitchen remodeled and 1 bathroom, see how shine and beautiful the pipes are. Can you see any violation here? Next I will post a letter I sent to the board of directors and I know I lost my job by Monday. But the best part is ... that those units cost over a MILLION dollar each!

Comment

• ArizonaPlumber
                      ArizonaPlumber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Notifying the Board of Directors is a good first step. If they chose to heed your advice, and make it right, all well and good. By making it right, I mean, getting permits, uncovering the completed work, having inspections, etc. As for your job, whistle blowers never come out on top, and they always get fired. But the way I see it, they're setting you up to be the fall guy anyway. Besides when you interview for your next job and they ask why you were fired, just show them pictures and explain you don't do this kind of work as it puts other peoples lives at risk.

Down the road I see some major lawsuits. Make sure you let as many of the actual unit the owners know that you'd be available as an expert witness. Keep documenting with pictures. I read somewhere they're worth a thousand words!
                      Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 07-12-2014, 11:35 PM. Reason: More food for thought

And the chief engineer said: WHOA ... Good work !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                      Whoever did this should be in jail, unless he was a licensed plumber. In that case he should be hung by his ***sack.

Agreed.

David

Comment

The first set of pictures there were clear plumbing infractions The second set just looks like they made the best of a crap rough in but I don't see what is so bad with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X