Kohler bathroom sink faucet aerator change out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler bathroom sink faucet aerator change out

hello all! I have a faucet aerator that needs changed/cleaned and before I attempt to remove it I was just wondering if there is a thread chaser or die to fix the threads IF, while disassembly, I damage the threads?

thanks in advance...

Just have a spare on hand.
    If you mess something up it will be the aerator, itself...hopefully.
    Just grab it close to the end when you unscrew it.

Comment

typically they're thin enough that even if you crush them, a needle nose or dental pick will pick them out. grease up the internal threads of the spout and the aereator threads and you'll be good for life.

on a side note, today I had a kohler 1.5 year old pull out kitchen faucet that was leaking at the valve body/ handle. the faucet is already corroded as the lead free brass is already showing signs of corrosion. there is a plated plastic bonnet the covers the cartridge and for the life of me, i have no idea what kohler was thinking. it's rounded, plastic and no way to grab. plus its's threaded into the corroded lockcing collar. a joke for a 1.5 year old faucet.

kohler would have sent the owner the replacement part free in 2 week, but she was in a hurry to get it fixed and they charged her 12.95 for the cartridge and 24.95 shipping for the couple ounce box. another joke. but what do you expect from a joke of a company. none of my supply houses stocked that cartridge. not even home depot.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

thanks Jim and Rick. what size is the aerator for a Kohler? the reason I ask is I thought of buying one before taking the old one off. especially if it gets crushed in disassembling. 15/16ths? thanks.

Comment

If it's never been taken off before you should have no problem removing it.

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
            thanks Jim and Rick. what size is the aerator for a Kohler? the reason I ask is I thought of buying one before taking the old one off. especially if it gets crushed in disassembling. 15/16ths? thanks.
            oh I think I'll get it off alright.......just wanted to try and save some time and have a replacement on-hand.

Comment

took off the aerator today. it came off with no problems and I took it to my favorite hardware store and matched it with a new one, which incidentally was a 13/16 size. all is good once again.

Comment

That's usually the best way to make sure you get the right one.

Comment

Working...
                X