No announcement yet.

Where do I install the ptrap?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I install the ptrap?

I moved into my current home in 2007 and at the time I was told by the inspector that my kitchen sink needed a ptrap. Being that my wife and I were younger and excited to buy my first home I (and soon after welcome my son into the world) I absolutely paid no attention to his advice. I always assumed that a "ptrap" was some expensive mechanism that needed to be installed in a pipe under my house or something. Well over he last seven years my kitchen would smell horrible and more than a few times my wife and I would argue about who was responsible for the rancid garbage disposal. Where and how would I install a ptrap here. Must drains I see go into the back wall but this one goes straight down.

I would 90 over to the back wall and 90 up with a 1 1/2" PVC Tee. Get a little bit of 1 1/2 pipe and a trap adapter and make that your trap. From the top of the tee I would put a studor vent as high as you can go.

I would also make your dishwasher drain into your garbage disposal and strap the drain line high.

Your Wife's is the problem ! Check out the Personal sections on line !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .