Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.O. Smith

good morning

whats the general opinion of A.O. Smith residental water heaters?

thanks

ed
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

A.O. Smith, Rheem, Ruud and State are the industry leaders.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks

the reason i asked is that i am out of town and our water heater went out. we bought the home over the holidays and it came with one of those home warranties. my wife and they sent out an independent plumber who installed an AO Smith unit. i have heard of them but wasnt sure where they rate at. i was concerned that since it was a warranty job that they might be inclined to install a cheaper unit to maximise their profit. i guess that wasnt the case? did pretty good for a 100 deductible?

incidently he had commented to my wife that since we live in a particular town he would use the AO smith, otherwise he was going to install a rheem. an idea why?
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

the only reason I can imagine might be water conditions, or a A.O.Smith factory nearby. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Probably because the closest supplier to or in that town handles A.O. Smith.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

AO Smith is good and an industry leader.

But my company uses Bradford-White because we feel that they are the best in the nation. They have a few advantages over the other manufacturers such as a full 40,000 BTU input on the 40 gallon unit, a brass drain valve, "Hydrojet" dip tube, and dielectric waterways as standard equipment. The after sales support is great, parts are readily available and they have NEVER caused us any problems with a waranty or service claim.
            Bradford-White is endorsed by the PHCC and only sells their water heaters thru professional plumbing supply houses. You won't find them at the Orange Circus!

Comment

Working...
            X