Hex Wrenches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex Wrenches

I use the e110 offset hex wrench often and own multiples of this wrench. I use them often for fittings hydraulic/air, and for valves as well. I have seen much larger models that open past the 2-5/8'' capacity of the e110. I know the larger ones arent offset and thats fine. Does anyone know if they still produce these wrenches? If so what are the part numbers and any ideas where they can be purchased? Thanks in advance.

Googled e110 wrench, it brought up several firms that sell them.

Comment

Yes sir I have 3 or 4 of the e110 wrench. I am looking for a larger/much larger version. It is a smooth jawed hex wrench. but a much larger capacity. It is like a larger regular pipe wrench, but it has smooth hex jaws instead of teeth on the jaws.

Comment

This is the e110. I am looking for one that is similar but larger/ and a larger capacity. Doesn't have to be offset handle like the e110.

Comment

It looks like the Model 25 is probably what I am looking for. Is that in production still?

Comment

Comment

model 25 cat 31280 is the last of the hex wrenches but only has a capacity of 1-2''. at 1 time ridgid had a larger product line of hex wrenches, but those days are gone. me e110 is the best overall finish wrench out there. works on chrome traps and flushometers with no marring.

i have an old 36'' hook jaw hex wrench that allows me to do large unions without marring.

here is the link to what is still produced. anything else is an ebay item.

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/hex-wrenches

ps. welcome to the forum.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I don't have this particular model but I have the smaller versions. High priced but higher quality. http://www.knipex-tools.us/index.php...8&groupID=2175
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks for replies gentleman. I am familiar with the knipex pliers wrenches. Dont know if they would hold up to kind of torque I would be putting on them. I think I will try to find used one. Thanks for welcome as well.

Comment

What about something like this, http://www.reedmfgco.com/en/products...-jaw-wrenches/
                    ================================================== ====
                    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I have a few ford wrenches. Will be getting some more of those as well.

Comment

What specifically are you wrenching that you need capacity beyond the e110.

Your occupation says ship repair so just wondering.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          What specifically are you wrenching that you need capacity beyond the e110.

Your occupation says ship repair so just wondering.
                          Union nuts, fittings, and valves.

Comment

Welders have options ! Using an additional top jaw cut out a section weld the 2 together . Of course the alignment has to be perfect! I would tack weld and run the thumb nut up and down before welding.
                            I was a Mech on the old Sikorsky Helos in the Marines, 60s The Main transmission had some impossible Banjo hydraulic nuts. A marine using an existing wrench modified it . The Manuf. rep copied
                            it, and it was standard issue.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to call Allen J Coleman, they have a lot of older tools in stock. It never hurts to call and ask, the worse thing they can say is no they do not have what you are looking for. Marvin might know of something that may work for you.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              Ron's Facebook
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X