changing out cable maxi rooter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing out cable maxi rooter

I'm adding 100 ft of new cable to 25ft in the machine. Problem is the slot screw head has no slot left from roller wear ! My plan is to braze a small coupling nut on worn head to remove screw . Any ideas welcome. Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

You can cut off the old end and weld on a new end. Call Marvin and tell him what brand and size cable and which ends you need. I change out my female and male ends on my cables as soon as they show a little wear. After cutting the end off, you grind the end of the cable to get a smooth semi-flat surface, then screw the new end in the cable, and then a small weld to secure it in place.

Here is a decent video

Last edited by SewerRatz; 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• toolaholic
      toolaholic commented
      Editing a comment
      great video

Thanks , I bought 2 sets of weld on ends, with cable from Marvin
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

You can cut off the old end and weld on a new end. Call Marvin and tell him what brand and size cable and which ends you need. I change out my female and male ends on my cables as soon as they show a little wear. After cutting the end off, you grind the end of the cable to get a smooth semi-flat surface, then screw the new end in the cable, and then a small weld to secure it in place.

Here is a decent video

Very helpful link.

Have you ever used red loctite? If so --how do you like the results?

Comment

Well I got the screw out. Ground in a new slot with grinder,wouldn't budge. Heated with B Tank poured
        cold water on it, bingo came out. I picked up stainless steel 1/4x 20 screws . what color paint do You use every 10 Ft. to mark cable ? I use 3 small bands of white, Yellow,and Red

Comment

i've always used red 10', white 20', blue 30' , yellow 40', green 50'. and repeats.

stay ontop of the paint before it gets too far gone and it'll be easier to touch up.

jetter hoses get the colored electrical tape at the same marks. plus a caution stripe at the 2' mark for warning.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
            Very helpful link.

Have you ever used red loctite? If so --how do you like the results?
            Nope always welded my ends. I run my cables hard in forward and reverse, hate to have them unscrew from the ends.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Good Job! You got it out..... don't let that screw head get that bad..lol I remember when I had that snake the screw always as f k e d up makes it so you don't change heads. Good job Tool.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Last edited by Cuda; 08-23-2014, 11:31 AM.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

holy triple posting!
                  Last edited by Cuda; 08-23-2014, 11:30 AM.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                  X