Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flapper valve closing to quickly??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flapper valve closing to quickly??

    Any answers on why this 1 month old flapper valve closes so quickly and not completing the flush? still allot of water left in the tank when it closes.
    You have to hold it down to complete the flush.





    Note:
    Took the pic just after I flushed it but the water level is about an inch from the top of the fill tub.

    Thx in advance!


  • #2
    Put an adjustable float on the chain to control when the flapped drops.


    http://www.overstockdeals.com/americ...FSdk7AodrCkAJA

    Comment


    • #3
      You may have put the wrong American Standard Acutuater on

      Comment


      • #4
        Add a couple of copper pennies inside the flush valve cup. This will slow down the drain down and keep the valve open longer.

        also try filling the toilet and shutting off the water supply. See if it flushes longer. Or turn it down to fill slower. Sometimes the water coming in will wash the flapper closed faster.


        Rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • toolaholic
          toolaholic commented
          Editing a comment
          Please , where's the flush valve cup ?

        • PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          The older american standard toilets used a number of different tilting flush valves. The timing is done with a small 1/8" hole in the cup of the tilt valve.

          Rick.

      • #5
        Thanks guys.

        will try all of these suggestions

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Add a couple of copper pennies inside the flush valve cup. This will slow down the drain down and keep the valve open longer.

          also try filling the toilet and shutting off the water supply. See if it flushes longer. Or turn it down to fill slower. Sometimes the water coming in will wash the flapper closed faster.


          Rick.



          Will the US one cent coins that are copper plated zinc work ? The solid copper cents are becoming hard to find and I don't feel like traveling to Europe for the pennies.
          Last edited by AssTyme; 08-25-2014, 02:50 PM.

          Comment


          • #7
            Will the US one cent coins that are copper plated zinc work ? The solid copper cents are becoming hard to find and I don't feel like traveling to Europe for the pennies.

            copper cents are any year 1983 and older. or just use a nickel or nickels, they're mostly copper and of course nickel composition.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by halfpint View Post
              Will the US one cent coins that are copper plated zinc work ? The solid copper cents are becoming hard to find and I don't feel like traveling to Europe for the pennies.

              copper cents are any year 1983 and older. or just use a nickel or nickels, they're mostly copper and of course nickel composition.



              I'll give you mucho $$$ for a copper 1983 cent. The switch was in mid 1982.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by AssTyme View Post




                I'll give you mucho $$$ for a copper 1983 cent. The switch was in mid 1982.
                ahhhhhhh, you're right! my mistake/error. 82 and older. I weigh each and every 83 that I run across. never know!!

                check 'em for doubled dies too on the reverse.....

                Comment


                • AssTyme
                  AssTyme commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought the 83 DD was on Lincolns ear ???

              • #10
                the 84 philly and 97 philly Lincoln cent have a doubled ear variety.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by halfpint View Post
                  the 84 philly and 97 philly Lincoln cent have a doubled ear variety.


                  Yup, my bad

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by AssTyme View Post



                    Yup, my bad
                    no harm no foul.... and do I detect a bit of coin collector in your blood?

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Should we check all toilets for pennies?
                      Where should we look?

                      They steal copper pipes out of homes, now pennies.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                        Should we check all toilets for pennies?
                        Where should we look?

                        They steal copper pipes out of homes, now pennies.
                        as far as pennies.....only scarce/rare dates.

                        Comment


                        • AssTyme
                          AssTyme commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not pennies, CENTS !!!

                      • #15
                        Originally posted by halfpint View Post

                        no harm no foul.... and do I detect a bit of coin collector in your blood?



                        Yes, I also own a 1972 DD graded by PCGS MS64RB. Had the 95 DD but sold it.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X