X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert

I would like info on how to convert my pressure washer into a hydro-jetter. I need at least 50' of hose, jetter, and adapter for the end of my pressure washer to hook up to the jetter cable. I would like to know part numbers/name, and where to order and possibly view parts. can any one tell me where I can find this info for standard 2-4 inch pipe. (residential)

LOOK UP WATER CANNON INC. THEY ARE LOCATED IN FLORIDA.
    DEPENDING ON WHAT SIZE PRESSURE WASHER YOU HAVE WILL DICTATE WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT. IS IT GAS OR ELECTRIC? WHAT PSI AND FLOW DOES IT HAVE?
    BASICALLY THE ONLY THING THAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN A PRESSURE WASHER AND A JETTER IS THE PULSATION VALVE. WHAT THIS DOES IS CAUSE THE PUMP TO "MISS A BEAT". MOST PUMPS ARE 3 CYLINDER. BY DISABLEING 1 CYLINDER FROM PUMPING PRESSURE IT CAUSE THE JETTER HOSE TO SHAKE. THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED BY KEEPING 1 LOW PRESSURE CHECK VALVE OPEN. THIS ACTS AS A WAY TO BREAK THE FRICTION BETWEEN THE HOSE AND THE PIPE. IT IS IMPORTANT ON SMALLER MACHINES.
    I CAN TALK/ WRITE, ALL DAY ABOUT HYDROJETTING. CHECK YOUR SPECS ON YOUR WASHER AND POST IT. ALSO TALK TO WATER CANNON FOR MORE INFO.
    RICK

Comment

Thank you Rick for the reply. I have a 4 stroke, OHC, single cylinder Honda pressure washer. 2450psi, 2.5gpm. I heard about using this site (RIGID) to find what I need to make the conversion; but I don't know what I need to get. Does water cannon Inc. have an e-mail address??

Comment

DREW THEY DO, BUT I NEED TO LOOK IT UP. TY A GOOGLE SEARCH. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A 5.5HP HONDA ENGINE. DEPENDING ON THE PUMP YOU HAVE IT MIGHT BE TUFF TO MAKE IT PULSATE. NO WORRIES. ADD A FOOT VALVE, SIMILAR TO A PIPE THREDER FOOT SWITCH AND YOU CAN THEN MAKE THE FLOW PULSATE BY STEPPING ON AND OFF AS REQUIRED WHEN STUCK IN A BEND. BY YOUR SPECS YOU NEED A NOZZLE RATED FOR A #4 ORIFICE. BEST BET IS TO USE A REAR FACING NOZZLE AT 25 DEGREES. YOU DON'T HAVE A LARGE ENOUGH PUMP TO PULL A FRONT NOZZLE ANY DISTANCE. GENERAL PIPE AND RIDGID MAKE NOZZLES. I PREFER THE GENERAL SPRING LEADER NOZZLE FOR THIS APPLICATION. LOOK UP WWW.DRAINBRAINS.COM AND MATCH UP A SPEC. WITH WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE FOR THEIR MACHINES. RIDGID MAKES A GOOD FOOT VALVE, BUT PRICEY. YOU CAN GET BY WITH A HAND WASHER GUN AND DO THE SAME. PROBLEM IS IT TAKES YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM FEEDING THE HOSE. AS FAR AS HOSE GOES A WOULDN'T EXCEED A 1/4'' HOSE X 100' I THINK YOU WILL DO BEST WITH A 1/8'' THREAD AND 3/16'' I.D. HOSE X 75' FOR THIS SET UP. AS YOU SEE YOUR LIMITS ON THIS MACHINE, YOU WILL MOVE UP TO A LARGER UNIT. LOOK AT ME, I'M UP TO 7+ UNITS FROM 2H.P. ELECTRIC TO 24H.P. GAS. EACH ONE IS USED FOR THE PROPER APPLICATION OF PIPE SIZE. I MAKE MY OWN HOSE ASSY. AND SPEC OUT MY NOZZLES. ALSO BE VERY CAREFUL IN HANDLING YOUR HOSES AND ESPECIALLY THE LIVE NOZZLE. MARK YOUR HOSE AT 5' AND 1' FROM THE END. EVEN WITH THIS SMALL OF A SET UP YOU CAN GET A SERIOUS INJECTION WOUND. PAINFULL AND DANGEROUS. INVEST IN A GOOD RAINSUIT FOR OVERHEAD WORK. MANY TRICKS WILL BE LEARNED AS YOU PROGRESS. I CAN DO A SUBTERRAINIAN GARAGE WITH DOZENS OF CLEANOUTS WITH VERY LITTLE MESS, BY USING A TECHNIQUE I CAME UP WITH. WHEN YOU'RE INTO JETTING FULL TIME I'LL SHARE IT WITH YOU.
        RICK

Comment

Working...
        X