X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe freezer

Any one have a ridgid SF-2500R pipe freezer?
    How do you like it.

BILL I HAVE A SF-2000. FREEZER. UP TO 1.5'' COPPER. THE 2500 WILL DO 2.5'' COPPER.
    IT IS NICE, YOU DON'T NEED CO2 BOTTLES. PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND FAIRLY HEAVY IF YOU ARE ON A LADDER. THE HOSES CAN BE DELICATE TO OPERATE AND STORE. YOU HAVE A LIMITED REACH FROM THE UNIT. APPROX. 8'. IF YOU LOOSE POWER THE LINE WILL THAW PRETTY QUICK.
    OTHER THAN THESE ISSUES, IT'S GOOD. I DO ALSO OWN THE CO2 TYPE EQUIPTMENT. THIS IS MUCH COLDER (-107). PROBLEM IS THE TANKS CAN BE HEAVY, AND YOU NEED ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE JOB. IT WILL KEEP FROZEN FOR A REAL LONG TIME AS THE ICE PACK IS ACTUALLY DRY ICE. IT WILL ALSO FREEZE A MUCH LARGER LINE. I CAN DO UP TO 4''. THERE ARE BAGS THAT WILL DO 6''.
    REMEMBER YOU CAN'T FREEZE RUNNING WATER, OR DRIPPING WATER. YOU BASICALLY NEED TO BE DEAD ENDED TO HAVE ANY LUCK. THIS IS TRUE WITH EITHER SYSTEM. ALTHOUGH I DID MANAGE TO CRIMP OFF A SHEARED LINE AND THEN FREEZE IT. ONCE AGAIN YOU NEED TO ELIMINATE THE RUNNING WATER.
    CHECK YOUR NEEDS AND ANTICIPATED USE. THIS SHOULD HELP YOU MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
      BILL I HAVE A SF-2000. FREEZER. UP TO 1.5'' COPPER. THE 2500 WILL DO 2.5'' COPPER.
      IT IS NICE, YOU DON'T NEED CO2 BOTTLES. PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND FAIRLY HEAVY IF YOU ARE ON A LADDER. THE HOSES CAN BE DELICATE TO OPERATE AND STORE. YOU HAVE A LIMITED REACH FROM THE UNIT. APPROX. 8'. IF YOU LOOSE POWER THE LINE WILL THAW PRETTY QUICK.
      OTHER THAN THESE ISSUES, IT'S GOOD. I DO ALSO OWN THE CO2 TYPE EQUIPTMENT. THIS IS MUCH COLDER (-107). PROBLEM IS THE TANKS CAN BE HEAVY, AND YOU NEED ENOUGH TO COMPLETE THE JOB. IT WILL KEEP FROZEN FOR A REAL LONG TIME AS THE ICE PACK IS ACTUALLY DRY ICE. IT WILL ALSO FREEZE A MUCH LARGER LINE. I CAN DO UP TO 4''. THERE ARE BAGS THAT WILL DO 6''.
      REMEMBER YOU CAN'T FREEZE RUNNING WATER, OR DRIPPING WATER. YOU BASICALLY NEED TO BE DEAD ENDED TO HAVE ANY LUCK. THIS IS TRUE WITH EITHER SYSTEM. ALTHOUGH I DID MANAGE TO CRIMP OFF A SHEARED LINE AND THEN FREEZE IT. ONCE AGAIN YOU NEED TO ELIMINATE THE RUNNING WATER.
      CHECK YOUR NEEDS AND ANTICIPATED USE. THIS SHOULD HELP YOU MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.
      I agree with Plumber Rick (note this down as a first, just kidding Rick). His last point is critical. They only work if you can isolate the system. If there is any running water, forget it. In a large building this is next to immposible. In a small building it is probably just as easy to shut-off and drain. In my experience, I've never had much luck with them. As Rick stated, you have to asess your situation.

the dog
      the dog

Comment

Working...
      X