X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-50 Cable

I was renting a K-50 to clear out the pipe that my toilet drains into. It was binding pretty bad as it was spinning. How hard is it to break the cable? It's only ~ 5/8" in dia.

BE CAREFUL MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL A SEWER AND DRAIN CONTRACTOR. iT'S CHEAPER THAN A TRIP TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND PROBABLY QUICKER THAN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO COME BACK HOME TO CUT THE KINKED AND DOUBLED UP CABLE FROM AROUND YOUR BODY.

------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin:
      I was renting a K-50 to clear out the pipe that my toilet drains into. It was binding pretty bad as it was spinning. How hard is it to break the cable? It's only ~ 5/8" in dia.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      I agree with pipe eyes, us professional plumbers know the proper techniques for using these tools, when I first started I had a leather glove on and got my hand caught in the snake, it was VERY VERY scary(that ole' general was STRONG). These machines can be dangerous and i really frown upon the rental companies for renting out some of the things they do to homeowners, most of whom can be seriously injured by these products because they are not schooled in properly using them.

Comment

Breaking the cable is a concern, but I would be more concerned about the cable bending and wrapping around your hand or something worse. The 5/8" cable usually doesn't break to easily but it does have a tendancy to bind and kink or wrap aroung your hand which can cause bodily harm. The best solution is to hire a professional in this field who has experiance and knows how his equipment works and feels to work on a stoppage were the line is tight.

Comment

Working...
        X