X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutter for internal brass pipe

Ive been asked to provide an internal pipe cutter for cutting off a 4 1/4" id brass tube 60 feet down a bore hole. Is there any "off the shelf" item available? I operate a machineshop & don't want to go thru the pain of designing one if they already exist. Any ideas if own manufacture is necessary would be appreciated.Ta allan

60' IS A LONG WAY. THERE IS A ROBOTI CUTTER USED IN SEWER LINES TO REINSTATE LATERALS WHEN RELINING. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL FIT INTO 4'' PIPE. I KNOW 6'' YES. YOU CAN LOOK UP SOME INFO IN TRADE MAGAZINES LIKE "THE CLEANER" I DESIGNED MY OWN INTERNAL DEBURING TOOL FOR HDPE PIPE. IT IS ABLE TO GO 60'. ONLY DESIGNED TO DEBUR, NOT CUT OFF. IS THE BRASS PIPE A SCH 40 , OR THIN WALL LIKE COPPER TUBING? IS IT A STRAIGHT RUN, OR DOES IT HAVE OFFSETS? HOW PRECISE IS THE CUT OR LOCATION? RICK.

Comment

You might try Wachs ( http://www.wachsco.com/ )or Tri-Tool ( http://www.tritool.com/ ), both companies make pipe cutting and beveling equipment.

Tri-tool used to make an internal pipe cutter that was air-driven. It had a clamping mechanism that was pneumetic and expanded against the Id of the pipe, and made the cut from the inside out. Various cutter bits could be installed in the machine to produce different profiles. Another company (one of the big names in welding equip but don't remember now which one) made an internal automatic welder that could be inserted inside pipe, used to reach places where no man could go due to space limitations or enviromental conditions. The welder worked on IDs down to 6", the internal cutter was custom made for each STD pipe size.

[ 12-31-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

Working...
      X