X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HAVE A SF-2000. FREEZER.

I HAVE A SF-2000. FREEZER. UP TO 1.5'' COPPER. THE 2500 WILL DO 2.5'' COPPER.
    The unit works great on 1" and below from my past experience. But when using it as it says in the manual. (Following the Manuel). The last two times that I have used it, it took double the time to freeze the pipe. The units compressor shuts off (fans still running)and it unthaws the pipe blowing out the ice plug in the middle of the job. The unit use to frost the lines all the way back to the units box, but, now it only freezes about 2' down the line. Is this telling me that the unit is low on charge? Is there anyway for the end use to check, before taking it to the shop? Or, Am I doing somthing wrong?

bill it sounds like you lost some of the freon in the system. there was an issue with the hose connections at the compressor end. everytime the machine was stored in the metal box, stress was put on the hoses. the newer system have spring stress reliefs on them. you need to take the unit in. one last test is to run the machine without hooking it up to pipe. it should frost all the way back without the compressor stopping.

rick.

Comment

Working...
    X