to thread stainless steel pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to thread stainless steel pipe

I need thread 1" stainless steel pipe with ridgid machine 535 but I cannot find the dies for this kind the pipe here in Trinidad and I have no time for request from america. What I can do, please help me.

If you are in that much of a rush, and if you only need to thread a few pieces, check your local tool and die maker or machine shop.

Other than that, without the proper dies for the machine, there is no other way.

I would try the dies from the hand (manual) threader. I assume that this wont work but when u are desperate, you have to try anything.

Good luck.

Comment

Hello,
      The stainless steel dies would be the best choice but in a bind you can use High Speed dies catalog number 47770(NPT 1-2".) Do not attempt to use Alloy dies as they will wear out after several cuts.
      Ridgid makes a special oil for threading stainless steel pipe that will perform better than standard Nuclear oil.
      Hope this helps.
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

i knew a guy that uses alloy dies with stainless steel oil. and according to him it works for a short period..

Comment

Working...
        X