No announcement yet.

Pressure Sewage line (camp 1000-5000PE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Sewage line (camp 1000-5000PE)

Hello, colleagues!
    I need your help with the design of pressure sewage pipeline for Camp in Africa (scheme is attached);
    I am going to install 4 WWTP 200m3/day each.
    I plan to use PVC pipe and a lot of Lift Stations.
    Have no experience with pressure line so big scale.
    Next issues I got:
    1) Which materials are better to use and which type of connections?
    2) Is it accurate Lift Stations locations on the Layout?
    3) Any comments are highly appreciated!

Link for Layout in good quality:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qjkd7hv4...K8hZnR_da?dl=0

I charge a $100/hr. for design assistance. I'll need a credit card number to continue.

Comment

Any other suggestions?

Comment

first I have very little experience on large projects, and I do not think metric,
        my only experience was being in charge of a small former Air force station, after it was turned over to civilians, water and wastewater treatment, and it was not as large as what your drawing is, the station was designed for about 500 to 800 persons, where I was at,

but is there a way of either laying out the campus on different land so your sewage can flow down hill, no lift stations,

in the back of my thinking, if one could run it to a central point and then use a lift station to raise it up to flow point again, and may be have a few pumps so it one goes down, you would have a back up,

in the small sewage plant I ran we had two pumps on the final settling tanks and they would alternate, (my guess is there was float switch on them, but I honestly do not remember any more),

really your best would to get an experienced water / wastewater engineer involved to help you design your system,

that is a lot of toilets and system to enginer, and have it work right and trouble free,

If one figures 25 gallons a day and 5000 persons that is 125,000 gallons a day, or about 473 CM a day, and that 25 gallons could be light,

I am not sure what your symbol for lift stations are.
        Last edited by BHD; 04-17-2018, 07:47 AM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

There are a number of NGO's that have written on this subject. If your looking for technical expertise you really need to hire someone would has performed these kinds of projects. All these questions can get worked out on paper and then problems come up when you don't have the expertise or available materials, tools, equipment or a labor pool on site.

You should be willing to compensate well for the expertise because as is already evidenced, an experienced person can cleverly configure a working system that would be less complicated unless of course complexity is the goal.

Comment

Thanks for replies. To make our discussion more clear I attache simplified scheme here with 4 buildings and 3 lift station. I know that 280 persons and 5 lift station are feasible. But does it make sense if you have 1000 persons, 5000 persons and 10 lift stations or 50 lift stations? Can pump of the lust lift station handle with effluent?

Comment

I am no expert but if you can eliminate lift stations you will eliminate headaches.

What is the lay out of the land, Why is the desire to use lift stations? is this thing situated in the bottom of a valley or a hole?
              I would think the land lay would be a major consideration of of where to build the camp,
              Last edited by BHD; 04-18-2018, 07:59 AM.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X