Replaced Moen faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced Moen faucet

I have changed a Moen cartridge single handle 3 times and still have a drip on the cold water. I trust I am doing it properly. Warm water does not drip and closes off. Once I fit on the valve for cold water the faucet starts to drip, more than a drip. What am I doing in the wrong? I have viewed maximum videotapes on the internet and have in use the cartridge out and changed several times.

Huh! Is it possible that the body of the valve is damaged? Freeze? Or it might be a bad casting or milling that didn't leak for years but its tolerances were off enough that wear exposed the defect? Maybe the entry hole is off kilter. Water enters the body of the valve and must pass through the cartridge before exiting. O-rings and shearing action prevent the water from going where it shouldn't. Would you really be given several cartridges, all of them defective on the cold side only? Ah... Not likely. Possible, I suppose, but a real stretch. My guess, not knowing where this is, would be damage by freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by rgwysham View Post
      Huh! Is it possible that the body of the valve is damaged? Freeze? Or it might be a bad casting or milling that didn't leak for years but its tolerances were off enough that wear exposed the defect? Maybe the entry hole is off kilter. Water enters the body of the valve and must pass through the cartridge before exiting. O-rings and shearing action prevent the water from going where it shouldn't. Would you really be given several cartridges, all of them defective on the cold side only? Ah... Not likely. Possible, I suppose, but a real stretch. My guess, not knowing where this is, would be damage by freezing.
      thanks for your suggestion, rgwysham

Comment

Working...
      X