Sink won?t drain after snake/chemicals need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink won?t drain after snake/chemicals need help

Hello experts I got a kitchen sink drainage problem. The sink fills up and goes to the GD sink and it doesn?t drain to the main drop pipe in basement. The washer connects to the same line and drains just fine. I used a 15 ft auger, then purchased a 25 foot auger and power drilled it down and also hand fed it down. I reached the main drop point passing anywhere the water should be clogged many times.
    Also every other time I auger it and connect all the piping back up and before turning water on I use Zeps Clog Attack and have let that even sit in there over night as well after getting sore doing the auger constantly.
    Please help me I got a clog that?s doing magic tricks on me. Green Line is the washer pipe which drains fine, red is Clogged Sink
    Also forgot to mention before auger, and zeps clog attack the first day I used vinegar and baking soda a few times. Let me not forget the workout from the plunger too!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jibreel; 08-24-2019, 11:36 AM.

Seriously call a plumber. That's what we do for a living. One hour done and no need to do useless maneuvers like your'e doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Service View Post
      Seriously call a plumber. That's what we do for a living. One hour done and no need to do useless maneuvers like your'e doing.
      My friend is on vacation atm, and he does plumbing as a side job. I asked him what can I do to try and possibly get it and this is where I am. Don't really have the money to just hire someone tbh and if its something I can do or learn from then why not.

Comment

try your drill powered snake again, and put a small bend (about 15 degrees), in the cable about 5 to 6 inches from the end, so the end of the cable will scrap the side walls of the pipe,

I you have grease in the pipe, you may have only poked a hole in the plug and it sealed back up when the cable is removed, run a sink of hot water when cabling it, if it is a grease plug it will help melt it and wash whatever else down the drain moving it out of the way,

IMO using chemicals will most like be more damaging to you than the clog, and your equipment, if chemicals are used, wear eye protection and gloves, if you do hire a plumber tell him about the chemicals used for his protection,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          try your drill powered snake again, and put a small bend (about 15 degrees), in the cable about 5 to 6 inches from the end, so the end of the cable will scrap the side walls of the pipe,

I you have grease in the pipe, you may have only poked a hole in the plug and it sealed back up when the cable is removed, run a sink of hot water when cabling it, if it is a grease plug it will help melt it and wash whatever else down the drain moving it out of the way,

IMO using chemicals will most like be more damaging to you than the clog, and your equipment, if chemicals are used, wear eye protection and gloves, if you do hire a plumber tell him about the chemicals used for his protection,
          Ok I will try this out will let you know how it goes. Thanks a lot!
          BHD Edit; I did what you said also threw a few pots of boiling water down after snaking once to drain the cooler water already sitting in there and it?s all going down nicely! Thanks again BHD
          Last edited by Jibreel; 08-26-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Measure rough distance, use a fitting like a 45 degree fitting on waste pipe after removing trap, so you can add water and watch as you cable down, you will notice water will raise as you go in , but as soon as you pass the blockage water will slowly drop, add water then run down additional 10?-15? , then pull back into the blockage if real thick you will notice upon pulling into blockage water will start coming up till cable is fully in blockage then once water starts to drop ?offsetting mass? run back in, repeating process keep maintaining water level, till clears run back and forth quickly, usually once you go thru approximately 2 gallons of water it should clear, reason for process is dilution and pushing Debrecen from bottom then upon pulling back and forth you are mixing thick sludge into water liquify the thick. good luck You Will Get It

Comment

Working...
            X