X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM??

we have one of those water pik massage type shower heads in our shower. we end up with an awful orange looking sludge on the head. cleans easily but keeps coming back. what is this? how do i fix it?'

the only thing i can think to do is replace all of the old galvanized pipe with copper?
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

sounds like rust but I would think you would see rust stains in your toilet and sink Etc. If you don't see stains anywhere else maybe the guts of the shower head have lost there protective coating and are starting to rust.. May want to consider bottled drinking water til you figure it out

[ 04-21-2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

the house has a lot of original galvanized pipe. could this be the issue? that is what has me baffled to, no stains in the sinks or toilet
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

If you still have alot of old galvinized that is likely the problem, You don't see it in the sinks or toilet because you use these more often so the rust gets washed away, but inside of the shower head water sits there until the next use and the microscopic bits of metal continue rusting therefore you get the orangy buildup.You may want to replace the galvinized for health reasons.

Comment

GREGORY HIT IT ON THE HEAD. WATER IS SITTING AND MIXING WITH OXYGEN. THIS CAUSES RUST. JUST LIKE A TUB WHEN IT IS FIRST TURNED ON WITH GAL PIPE. ALSO A LARGE VOLUME OF WATER WILL FLUSH THE LINES MORE THAN A FLOW RESTRICTED LAV FAUCET.

Comment

Working...
          X