Increased Water Pressure Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased Water Pressure Issue

I am having increased water pressure issues and can not figure out why. I had a tiny hole develop in the expansion tank of my hot water heater and had the tank replaced. Ever since them, it seems like the water pressure is more forceful than what it was prior to the replacement, especially when flushing the toilets (it seems like it is a harder cutoff). I can run the hot water out of the tap from one of the faucets for 30-45 seconds, then flush a toilet and everything seems normal. However, a few minutes later it seems like the increased water pressure is back. I have checked the incoming water pressure and it does not appear that it has changed. Any ideas what could be going on and how it can be fixed?

Posted the same Question on 12/09. But nevertheless did you ever check the pressure of the expansion tank with the hot water tank drained ? What is the PSI of the water coming into the house ? do you have a whole house pressure reducing valve ? normally there's a gauge after the valve giving a reading of water pressure. is the hot water tank pressure relief valve leaking ? can't think of anything else that wasn't already said.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgesm22 View Post
      I am having increased water pressure issues and can not figure out why. I had a tiny hole develop in the expansion tank of my hot water heater and had the tank replaced. Ever since them, it seems like the water pressure is more forceful than what it was prior to the replacement, especially when flushing the toilets (it seems like it is a harder cutoff). I can run the hot water out of the tap from one of the faucets for 30-45 seconds, then flush a toilet and everything seems normal. However, a few minutes later it seems like the increased water pressure is back. I have checked the incoming water pressure and it does not appear that it has changed. Any ideas what could be going on and how it can be fixed?

Sounds like the pressure reducing valve is in the middle of going out. Or you have both a bad regulator and expansion tank. I would start by swapping out the pressure reducing valve.
      You can also by a cheater gauge that has two needles on it. One will give you current and one will give you the highest reading over 12-24 hrs.
      make sure to match your incoming pressure after new prv is installed if you install a new thermal expansion.

Also being from Alabama not far from you during this crazy weather I have seen some crazy thermal expansion happening over the past month.

Comment

Welcome to the forum CJ. Good call with the Cheater gauge. Good call on your diagnostics too. I agree with you on all your recommendations.

Rick
        phoebe it is

Comment

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...wner/70602104/

Comment

Working...
          X