Trap Primers thing of past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Primers thing of past

There is a new product out that eliminates the need for trap primers. For more Information Bathfitter49116@yahoo.com

You sound like a salesman, which was a failed effort because the web address didn't work. If they can't put togather a website, I doubt they will find an approved answer to a trap primer.

Sceptical,

the dog
    the dog

Comment

It's not a URL, it's an e-mail address.

Which leads me to think you are correct, or the guy is genuine.

Personally I think he's a salesman, and as this is'nt a spam site it may not be appropriate.

Comment

If he was genuine he would have mentioned a few details. He may simply be trolling for e-mail addresses.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

it's the real deal ! retails $2.97 it's called a

WATER BUCKET
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

There are a couple of devises out there that are said to be trap primer alternatives. Some are even calling them waterless traps. The ones I've seen have a rubber bladder that lets water down and stops sewer gas from coming up. The manufacturer said they are IPC approved but I couldn't find anything that said they were.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The one trap primer alternative approved in San Antonio is called a trap guard, put out by Pro Set systems. There not cheap and the cities chief plumbing inspector hates them, but for now there legal. I've used them on fast moving jobs, were the contractor didn't want to wait for the copper in slab inspection before pouring concrete.
              christopher

Comment

Originally posted by Quescodeplumb:
                The one trap primer alternative approved in San Antonio is called a trap guard, put out by Pro Set systems. There not cheap and the cities chief plumbing inspector hates them, but for now there legal. I've used them on fast moving jobs, were the contractor didn't want to wait for the copper in slab inspection before pouring concrete.
                The Trap Guard was one of them I was talking about. Pro Set says they are IPC approved and I don't believe they are. I'm sure it is more a matter the IPC allows for alternatives to be used if approved by an engineer. I always assumed that meant they still needed to be listed.

The real concern with the Trap Guard is how well they will preform with debri in them all of the time. There are means for cleaning them but do you pull the grate and stick an 1 1/2" PVC pipe down a floor drain everytime you mop the floor?

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Well, the only problem I've seen with them so far is they tend to hold a little water, but that's the design. They don't hold alot and certainly not enough to worry about moping a floor, they just need a little weight to open the flap. The trap guard is a good idea, not only for existing conditions, but as a trap primer alternative. Since they have been approved in san antonio I've had one engineer ask for them, and as more people learn about there existance, I think we will start to see a lot more of them. The plus to trap guard, from the new construction side is, no copper in the slab to crush, no need for an access door, or having to hook up and purchase a trap primer, and no ugly water saver tailpieces underneath the lav, and the labor to hook them up. As for as being IPC approved I'm pretty sure they are because, like I said our chief plumbing inspector hates them becuase he believes they will dry rot and crack and render themselves useless, in time. With that said, if they were not IPC approved there is no way they would have been approved here. Pro Set is giving a 10 year warranty with the product and with as easy as they are to change out i'm all for it. Last, I don't see anything that can go though the grate on a floor drain will stop a trap guard from working, but I would be concerned if the debris did not allow the trap guard to close properly.
                  christopher

Comment

Working...
                  X