Blue Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Water

I have a blue tint in my water and wonder if by any chance it may be coming from the resin in my water softener. It seems to be most prevalent right after a re-generation cycle. My supple lines are copper, and I have city water. If not from the water softener, any idea on it's source?

The cause could be that it's coming from the corrosion of the copper pipe that would give the water a greenish blue tint or cause blue/green stains in your tub/shower.... in order to determine if that's the case you would have to have your water PH tested then take it from there.

Comment

Do You have a Galvanized fitting connected to a copper fitting anywhere on your water supply plumbing ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Last time I saw blue water was when the customer had and old Fluidmaster 200 (with the bottom refill outlet) and a blue toilet cleanser in the tank. The refill tube had come loose and the tank water was somehow getting back into the supply. I suppose the maintenance people must have had the water off to the building and it back siphoned. This was 2nd floor.
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X