No announcement yet.

Steven Lavimoniere, plumber on Youtube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Lavimoniere, plumber on Youtube?

Have any of you watched this guy on Youtube? What do you thing about the quality of his work? Here is a sample video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1LGrokQpw

I've been following him for years . He's located about 50 miles from me in Dartmouth ( south shore ) . How I found him was I was have trouble with my old Weil McLain boiler and he had a video on the exact same one and how much it sucked working on it ... ( his word's S*** Show ).

He's definitely old school ( no pro press ... metal tool boxes ) and in my opinion the most informative HVAC Youtube channel there is .. and does quality work .

Comment

I've watched some of his HVAC tool reviews. Yes it's been useful in helping me decide if I want to buy it - I did not think his videos were outstanding but definitely useful.

Comment

I was a little surprised by the sample video when he cut the copper with an angle grinder and reburred and reamed it with a pair of slip joint pliers.

Comment

Originally posted by rjniles View Post
          I was a little surprised by the sample video when he cut the copper with an angle grinder and reburred and reamed it with a pair of slip joint pliers.
          I've not seen that. Did he do a good job? I would never do that for an HVAC refrigerant line - too much risk in getting copper shards into the lineset and causing problems down the road. For plumbing I guess that's ok.

Comment

• Bob D.
            Bob D. commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't consider it OK, and was taught better than that. When it is possible to prevent contaminating the pipe and you choose not to that is lazy and careless to me. Enough crap gets in there by accident, no need to help.

• blue_can
            blue_can commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha Ha - yes Bob I guess you are correct.

I agree sloppy work deburring the inside of pipe with his Douglas slip joint pliers , probably made things worst . ( that's what happens when your in a big rush ) . I have work over the last 30 yrs with a Master Plumber who on occasion needs a second set of hands and my carpentry skills ( he works solo like me ) and would be considered a Master Apprentice.

I learned the importance of deburring the inside of copper waterline pipe .. and how not deburring causes flow restriction , turbulance , and creates a vortex about a inch away that down the line leads to leaky pin holes in the line .

Comment

He could save himself some aggravation if he would organize his step van.

Comment

Working...
            X