No announcement yet.

Cable adapters

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable adapters

I have a K-375 with 100' of 3/8" I.C. cable and 75' of 1/2" I.C. cable.

There are three adapters listed in catalogs but I'm not sure exactly what they are. Anyone know what a Ridgid #92687, 92607 and 92682 are?

One might just be a adapter to use T-1xx 1/2" cutters/tools on the 3/8" cable. Two are something to do with a drop head type connection. I'm wondering if any of these would give me a drop head style cutter connection directly from the 1/2" I.C. cable?

When the K-380 machine was launched, there was a new style of cable launched with it. The design of this cable made it necessary to have the same coupler on the 1/2" and 3/8" cables. In order to utilize 1/2" tools on the 1/2" IW cables we created an adapter (Cat # 92607) One end is 3/8" female and the other end is 1/2" male which of course accepts the 1/2" tools.

The other two catalog numbers are adapters that for all intensive purposes turn any tool in to a drop head style tool. catalog number 92682 is a 3/8 female coupler on one end with a 1/2" male coupler on the other end with a drop head connection in between.

The last number (92687) is the same configuration except both ends are 1/2" connections, the catalog lists this as a 3/8" adapted and this is a miss print.

Keep in mind that while these adapters allow an operator to use a wider variety of tools on different cables, the cable size is what ultimately determines the size of the drain we are trying to clean.

The 92687 would be what I'm looking for. A misprint, no wonder I was confused.

Thanks for the reply!