Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blades compatibility

Hi...
    I have a question regarding compatibility of Ridgid Blades with other manufacturers of drain cleaning machines. I have an older Marco PF-80 machine; do the Ridgid blades fill this machine?

Thanks in advance for you help.
    Eric

NO THEY DON'T. THE MARCO USES A SNAP TYPE COUPLING AND THE RIDGID USES A COMBINATION OF 3 DIFFERENT STYLES DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF CABLE. THE MARCO IS STILL AVAILABLE AND IT'S WISE TO USE THEM. I OWN BOTH THE MARCO MACHINE AND 3 RIDGID ALONG WITH A COUPLE OF GENERAL MACHINES. SPARTAN AND RIDGID ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO MIX. SPARTAN #1065/ RIDGID # 750, 7500. RICK.

Comment

Rick,

Thank you for your knowledge. You saved me a bunch of money.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

hay rick , if some one made universal adapters , so you could use all attachments on any machine, do you think
        they would sell?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

toolaholic,

One would need to check into copyright and patent infringenmets but a set of adapters like you mention would be a good thing for any service plumber and sewer cabler to own.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

TOOLAHOLIC, PROBABLY NOT AS THIS WOULD LENGHTEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF NON FLEXIBLE CABLE. IF I NEED TO ADAPT A TOOL, I MAKE IT FOR THAT TOOL. SUCH AS EXPANDING CUTTERS MADE FOR THE 1500 RIDGID. I REMACHINED IT TO FIT THE 750/7500 MACHINE. WORKS GREAT. IF I ADDED A UNIVERSAL TYPE CONNECTION TO ADAPT THESE 2 ENDS, IT WOULD HAVE ADDED ANOTHER 3'' AND MAKE IT TOO STIFF AT THE JOINT TO ALLOW FOR ANY BENDS.
            TYPICALLY A 2' SECTION OF CABLE WOULD ALLOW FOR A TRANSITION FITTING. MOST MACHINES ARE PROPRIETARY AND CAN'T SEE A HUGH NEED TO HAVE ADAPTERS. THE SPARTAN 1065/ AND RIDGID 750,7500 ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO MIX. THE GENERAL, MARCO, GORLITZ, TO NAME A FEW ARE ALL DIFFERENT. MOST OF THE ACTUALL BALDES ARE INTERCHANGEABLE. THE ACTUAL CHUCK/ BLADE HOLDER IS DIFFERENT.
            JUST MY OPINION. RICK

Comment

good point . rick your handle should be drainaholic
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X