Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-7500 need help

Hi,
    My first post here, glad to meet everybody. I have a problem with the Ridgid Kollmann K-7500 drum machine. Somewhere along the line the pigtail must have gotten broken, so the snake got "field repaired" in other words the snake got a lug welded to it and it was bolted to the back of the drum. Now my problem, I can't get a good enough picture to tell if the replacement pigtail has a lug on it so it's attached in the same manner. I have a mechanic just itching to cut and weld a lug to the new replacement snake. Needless to say I'm a bit upset about this idea. Any help?

JUST REEL OUT THE CABLE/ 100'. AND LOOK INSIDE TO CHECK IT. IT'S PURPOSE IS TO ANCHOR IT TO THE DRUM TO GIVE IT A SPOT TO ALLOW FOR THE CABLE NOT TO SPIN WHEN IN THE DRUM. HAND HELD MACHINES DON'T USE THEM.

Comment

There is a connector on the end of the pig tale that will allow you to bolt it to the drum. It should already be on the pig tail if you have order a replacement. remember to order the same size pig tail as your cable (5/8 or 3/4). I am not clear on what your mechanic is cutting to weld on, a new cable or the existing broken one? To make sure you are Ok iwould suggest contacting our technical service department at 1-800-519-3456. I hope this helps out.

Comment

Working...
      X