No announcement yet.

What should I buy?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should I buy?

    I am looking for something that will groove 1-3" sch. 40 304 SS pipe, as well as, thread 1-4" sch. 40 galv. pipe? Is the 1822I with a 918 the answer? If not, what options do I have? We don't do a lot of pipe work, so I don't need something ultra heavy-duty. But, I don't want to buy the cheapest thing either? I called customer service and spoke to a woman who didn't seem to know the product lines very well Your suggestions are appreciated!

  • #2
    There are a couple of routes you could choose. The 1822 machine will only thread up to 2" without a 141-geared threader to cover 2-1/2" - 4" threading applications. The other option is to purchase a 1224 threading machine to handle the threading requirements you listed, along with mounting a 918 on it for your grooving applications.

    You could also go with a 300 complete; a 141 geared threader and our 960 roll Grover to accomplish your tasks. This might be the most cost-effective method and just as reliable. This is a tough question to answer because there are quite a few options. I would suggest getting hold of our technical service department at 1-800-519-3456 and they can give you more detail on the options that exist to accomplish your needs.

    I hope this is of some assistance.