X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Pipe Cutting Tools

I went to http://www.ridgid.com/index3.html to find a pipe cutter for ABS pipe and seen the ratchet action scissor type cutter...has anyone used these cutters.
    I mainly do kitchen finishing (yeah yeah...I know...cushy job) and want something fast and tidy, so it's either those or the quick-action cutter.

mcgub

I think this is the link mcgub was looking at... http://www.ridgid.com/catalog/22.html

Comment

heheh...damn frames...thanks for the fix...

Comment

Well...I couldn't take the pressure of not knowing, so I went to a local tool supply store that stocks ridgid and checked out the ratchet action cutters.
        In a word...WOW...cut thru 1 1/2" abs pipe like a hot knife thru butter...no burr...no tearing...I WANT ONE!!
        The price is another story...here in Toronto they go for $150+tax...almost $200...that hurts.
        Ah well...keep using the saw for a while yet...

mcgub

Comment

mcgub,
          Were you looking at the model 138 (grey) or the 1493 (red) it sounds like you were looking at the 138 because you said 1 1/2" the 1493 cuts up to 2 1/2"

Anyways... FYI the price you were quoted is "a little" on the steep side. Especailly if your looking at the 138.

Check your e-mail if you havent already...

Comment

My bad.. you dont have an e-mail available on the forum. So if you want to know what list is on those two items... write our customer service at CustomerService@ridgid.com and they will give you Canadian list on those items.

Their cat #s are

91125 - 138 CUTTER F/PLASTIC (grey)
            12831 - 1493 F/2 3/8 O.D. PLASTIC (red)

Hope this helps, Josh

Comment

Hey Josh,
              I was looking at the red set...it was the only one they had.
              Getting a decent price on tools is a real challenge if you are not a big company around here.
              It's like they figure you're a tradesman, you must make good money,you must pay lots.It pains me to see american prices that are sooo low, but after shipping and exchange rates still cost me too much.
              And so I persist with not quite what I want, but still do a bang-up job.

mcgub

BTW thanks for your prompt replies...

Comment

Working...
              X