X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concrete over utilitys need help FAST

we have a large project,part is extending driveway.
    usa comes out today. driller for 18" peir holes this fri. utilitys including gas ,will be under gas elec cable ect..
    with rain on way must set cages fast. should i just offset new gas line? my thought is as long as peir holes miss everything i can do this anytime before we pour new driveway slab. thank's in advance for your wisdom.
    tool. another gen . cont, getting in trouble
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

tool as long as the utilities are not in the path of drilling or in the new concrete pour, then you can hold off on replacing the gas line. you also might want to install hdpe pipe. this is the plastic yellow pipe that gets fused to join. it needs 18'' of coverage and a tracer wire. goes in very fast and will last forever. the 2 transition fittings at either end can be made with a special mechanical joint that doesn't require fusion. you might want to check with your local plumbing supply house for more info. you also need a training class to get certified to purchase and install.

rain? i though it never rains in california!

rick.

Comment

thank's rick gas is under old driveway. it gets demoed
      and replaced. will check with local inspector on that one. will get gas tite cert. if we relocate it and insp. allowes it in Tiberon ca. problem is 7 of our nine peir holes are real close to underground elec. will have 6 laborers hand digging in morn. to locate. track driller arives fri morn. thank's
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, gastite is typically used above ground. also know as "csst". corrigated stainless steel tubing.

the underground i'm referring to is hdpe. high density polyethlene. it's the yellow plastic tubing that gets fused together at 500 degrees. you can use a mechanical coupling at the transition stubs to keep from having to rent the butt fusion or socket fusion equiptment.

rick.

Comment

i know Rick,my soninlaw is a plumber in wash, state.
          because we're not going to desturb the gas well leave it. the elec is the only problem now. thank's again

Comment

Working...
          X