Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube bender questions...

hello guys,

got a slight problem and thought this might be the place to ask.

I am bending some brake lines for my 86 chevy 3/4 ton chevy pickup and have never used a tube bender before.

My neighbor loaned me his rigid tube bender no. 396 and said it was his grandfathers and he has never used it and does not know how. I looked on the rigid web sight for any manuals thet they may have but came up empty. I also tried googling it but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your neighbor loaned a family heirloom out to someone who does not know how to use it? Wow. So whats his wife up to these days?

The best way to learn with a bender is to take a few pieces of scrap and practice. Pay attention to how the tube behaves as it is being bent. Make a scribe near the zero degree mark, measure it and see how far that mark is awy from your 90 degrees when you are finished with the bend. within 5 or 6 bends you will start to get the hang of it. Don't start on your project until you practice, it will save you a bit of heart ache and frustration..
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

PLUMBER, I SECOND THAT.
      BY THE WAY I TRIED TO LOOK UP THAT BENDER PART # TO SEE IT. TOO OLD FOR MY CURRENT CATALOG.
      PLUMBER IS RIGHT ABOUT PRACTICE. LIKE OTHERS SAY ON THE WOOD WORKING FORUM. MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE.
      RICK.

A GOOD ONE FOR THE PANEL OF MODERATORS TO CHECK ON.

Comment

Working...
      X