Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: replacing a tub/shower faucet?

Originally posted by ArmyWifeNeedingHelp View Post
    Hello all you expert plumbers out there! I need some advice. My husband is in Iraq and we just bought a new house. I went to use the shower today (thank god we have 2 bathrooms) and i turned the shower and and went to push in the button to make the water come out of the shower head and the button shot off and water came out of the hole where the button used to be!!!!! Needless to say it scared the **** out of me and I have no idea what to. Please help!!!!
    Thank you for your husbands service.

A picture of the valve would help to indentify the problem. If nothing else look to see if there is a name stamped on the escutcheon or handle.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

mark were you cheating off my paper again

or am i faster on the keyboard

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Name:  0cc7b0ccc3e397eb84593a3528e1912b.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  124.3 KB this is an attempt at posting a pic of the evil shower. I am about as computer savy as i am a plumber. the water sprays out of the hole under the knob.

Comment

oh yeah... and it says delta on the faucet

Comment

delta. no problem. you need to remove the handle, screw under cap that flips off. then remove the 2 cover screws. do not remove anything else or the water will spray. the diverter is the broken part. i can't remember the part # off hand, but it starts with "rp" repair part. the diverter is screwed in by a hex nut.

best bet is to purchase the new diverter first. home depot should have it in stock. buy an original delta part. this will come with detailed instructions.

basically all you need is a phillips screwdriver and a crecent wrench or channel locks.

i'm sure one of the other people on the base can help you out if you have the proper part.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Nice job Rick, I had to run over to my moms place to help with some stuff. I believe the part # is RP5649 but the guys in the orange apron should be able to help verify. As Rick said it's an easy fix but if you have a problem come back and we will try to help talk you through it.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X