X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Rick Would've Been Proud

Having completed my latest project last week, I have been running arould taking care of odds and ends for the office. One involved a project I was not involved with. It was a new laboratory that was completed about six months ago. The owner was complaining of a sewer smell in one of the offices.

The room next to it was a small toilet room. I climbed a latter and popped a ceiling tile. The smell was more pungent in the attic space. Crawling over the toilet room it seemed stronger in one of the stud bays. I immidiatly knew that it had to be an open vent. I could see the main vent riser behind the toilet, but could not see the horizonal run to the lav and floor drain, because there was insulation in the way. We tried to pull the insulation up, but it just kept tearing.

Luckily, the office had sent me a helper from our service and repair division. He had a Ridgid Seesnake on his truck. We duct taped the camara to a broom stick and were able to push it past the installation. It took a while, with him in the ceiling and me below watching the screen, but we finally located a broken vent riser off of the floor drain.

Using the Seesnake we were able to locate where to cut the wall. We made a 12" X 12" hole, repaired the pipe, and installed an access panel. No damage to the finished wall.

I know you love using technology to solve plumbing problems, so I thought you would enjoy this.

your hero,
    the dog
    the dog

See you can teach an old dog new tricks
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow:
      See you can teach an old dog new tricks
      Damn,

You guys are too sensitive. I did the best I could to give Rick a compliment, now you are making me feel squishy about it.

As Kurt Vonnegut would say, "So it goes".

the dog

[ 08-16-2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: plumbdog10 ]
      the dog

Comment

DOG, THAT DESERVES A BIG "BARKOUT". NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL TO PLAY HIDE AND GO SEEK. SOLVING HIDDEN PROBLEMS THAT COULD TAKE YEARS TO DEVELOP ARE QUITE SATISFYING.

MAYBE SOME OF MY SCENT RUBBED OFF ON THE DOG.

A BIG RUFF, RUFF TO THE DOG.

RICK.

[ 08-16-2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

where exactly ,was this lab located?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X