Sump Pump depth requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pump depth requirements

I just bought a SP-330D sump pump to replace an old pump that quit. The old pump pit is about 14" deep with a HUGE stone at the bottom preventing me from going deeper. I followed all installation instructions except the 24" depth. Does this really matter? I have water in the pit right now and the pump will not start. It turns on if I press the diaphram.

Pleas advise.

smiley, the diaphram type switch is the issue. a pump with a float type switch will work better. look at zoller brand pumps or the other ridgid pumps that have a float switch. also make sure the pump cycles before the inlet pipe is submerged in water.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

SP 500 issue and backup

re dc backup..........I bought a "basement watchdog" several years ago (about $500) and its the best money I ever spent !

ALso....just replaced bmy SP330D (w/ diaphragm switch) with at SP 500 with a float switch. The SP 300D switch kept hanging up so H-Depot gave me a replacement for free. The new one only cycles for about 4 seconds. Any way to adjust the float (other than maybe raising the whole pump a little) ??

THANKS !!

DOUG

Comment

Working...
      X