Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is your preference to scream all the time. You keep screaming that over and over. Its still arrogant and rude. My neighbor has an autistic son and he prefers to scream alot also. its his preference. Now you call me stupid. I didn't stick my hands in someone elses sewer pipes this week.

The black to negative red to positive statement was a simple self depreciating statement on a thread full of professionals to show that I am not a professional electrician. If you think that needed correcting, particularly in the condenscending fashion iin which you posted, then I really feel sorry for anyone who has to rely on your analytical skills. So play your little childish gotcha games all you want I really don't care.

From 15 years of new work to cleaning sewers, did you find out you couldn't make it as a new work contractor and are now cleaning sewers to stave off bankruptcy? Or did you realize your ex wife was going to want child suppport so you went underground.

I don't care if you make 100 times more money than I do. There is no excuse for being arrogant and snitty, and it doesnt make you better than anybody. In fact the way you brag and throw it in peoples faces like some weapon it makes you look rather small, and quite snitty. And there is no excuse for typing in caps all the time just because you want to do it. Its just arrogant and rude and has nothing to do with preference unless you just prefer to be arrogant and rude..

Please spend time going through the archives looking for posts to play gotcha. You will probably find a thing or two to disagree with. Show me ten very competent plumbers and I will show you at least five different ways to do a good job that still passes code. And if you were correct on something good.

"If I didn't correct that stupid post." Get a grip. Shheeessh, I have no need to come clean. Rickey, Only a blind idiot would have taken that post for anything more than it was. And the poker statement refered to the fact that I am not going to sit here and brag about every little class, seminar or other learning experience I've ever had.

Please explain and elaborate what you meant by your wife calming my nerves and my sleeping with loaded guns. And please do it without yelling in CAPS now that you have admitted that it is only by preference that you are rude. See I even said please.

It will be a pleasure visiting this site when no one has to strain their eyes due to all of your Capital yelling. And the lack of your arrogant posturing might even persuade a few more people to make posts here. Please, don't think of me while you are gone.

Umm... "stupidest"? Why would you even bring up a match to check for leaks, is that your techniuqe.

I have more tools than many contractors Rickey, I have the receipts for them too. I have a shop, a hobby shop and a nice garage full of toys. There is a two day weekend for me at the end of each work week (unless there is a planned project for which I am fairly rewarded) and I am not answering a business phone on the sabbath. When I make plans I get to keep them. Your life does not interest me in the least, in fact I you could not pay me enough to do what you do. I wouldnt touch a sewer machine for less than 300 or 400 dollars an hour.

Please tell everyone without screaming Rick, how do you get 700 customers without any advertisement. Did you start with a list pilfered from your employer and then cut the throat of the man providing you with a job? You have to have a customer base to start word of mouth advertising. There are some other contractors here who would probably love to know your secret. In fact why not write a book about it.

Don't use a date and posting Rick, please cut and paste so as to save all the time.

The shame of all of this is that I respect most service plumbers. Their job is hard, dirty and they get very little respect for what they do. They are not paid near enough. Yet they do it day after day and 90% of them do it for wages. The fact that some of them have to do it for service contractors like you with your attitude towards hourly employees makes me respect their willingness to work even more.

You MIGHT have a lot of money Rick but I wouldn't want your life for 50 million dollars.

[ 08-26-2005, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: plumber ]
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Utah, I agree this is counter productive. Doggone it though I thought I was bringing up some good points. I should have paid closer attention to the debating team.

Either way we will see everything I ever wrote that another poster here does not like.

[ 08-26-2005, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: plumber ]

Comment

O God Rick, cut and paste the whole thread right here. You took everything out of context. Until we knew how that heater was installed there was good reason to post as I did.

Everyone please look at the thread line Rick is talking about. Read the entire thread from start to finish.

Comment

PLUMBER, I'M GOING TO ANSWER YOUR FEW QUESTIONS YOU'VE ASKED.
          #1- I DON'T HAVE AN EXWIFE OR CHILDREN. IN FACT I'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR 16 MONTHS TO MY 1 AND ONLY WIFE.
          #2 I PAY ALL MY TAXES. NOTHING TO HIDE. IN FACT BEING THE OWNER, I PAY DOUBLE THE S.S. TAX. BOTH THE EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE TAXES.
          #3 MY CUSTOMER DATA BASE GOES BACK TO WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. NOT EVERY CUSTOMER WILL HAVE A PROBLEM EVERY MONTH OR YEAR. SOME I'LL SEE A FEW TIMES A YEAR. OTHERS LIKE H.O.A. I MIGHT BE THERE 2 TIMES A MONTH. SO AS FAR AS STEALING AS YOU SAY, WRONG AGAIN. CLIENTS WHO LIKE YOUR WORK WILL REFER YOU TO THEIR NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS. PRETTY SELF EXPLANATORY.
          #4 THE MATCH TO CHECK FOR A GAS LEAK IS USED AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW UNSAFE AND DANGEROUS YOUR POST WAS CONCERNING BASIC WIRING. SOMEONE WOULD HAVE CORRECTED YOUR MISTAKE IF IT WASN'T ME. REAL BASIC ELECTRICAL PRINCIPALS. I JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE ONE WHO CAUGHT IT FIRST.
          #5 I DO NOT DOUBT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. I JUST CORRECTED A SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE.
          #6 DID YOU EVER HAVE A STOPPAGE? DID YOU FIX IT YOUSELF OR CALL ANOTHER CO. YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD CHARGE $300-$400 DOLLARS AN HOUR TO DO THIS WORK. WELL GUESS WHAT. YOU JUST PUT A PRICE ON WORK THAT DOESN'T APPEAL TO YOU. SOMEONE IS GOING TO DO WORK THAT OTHERS DON'T WANT TO. THIS JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE SPECIALTY THAT PEOPLE CALL ME FOR. ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS A G.I. DOCTOR. WHERE DO YOU THINK HE PUTS HIS HANDS? WE DO WEAR GLOVES. MAYBE TRY IT ONE DAY. YOU MIGHT LIKE IT. NEXT TIME THE PORTA POTTY AT THE JOB SITE NEEDS CLEANING, ASK THE PUMPER OPERATOR WHY HE DOES THIS LINE OF WORK.
          I HAPPEN TO LIKE THIS WORK. I AM ABLE TO RESOLVE ISSUES THAT OTHERS CAN'T. I THINK FROM WHAT I READ, THAT YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU DO. I DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS A PLUMBER OUT THERE THAT'S AN EXPERT IN EVERY FIELD. JUST LIKE THERE ARE DOCTORS THAT HAVE A SPECIALTY, THERE ARE PLUMBERS, AND OTHER TRADES THAT HAVE A SPECIALTY TOO.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. MY WIFE HAS FOLLOWED THIS FOR THE LAST WEEK WHILE SHE'S BEEN OUT OF TOWN.
          IT'S TIME FOR BOTH OF US TO DROP IT.

HOPE I'VE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS.
          IF I HAVN'T JUST ASK.

RICK.

Comment

Speaking of wives, my wife and I have been together for over 34-years. We have 6-kids, 5-kid in laws and soon to be 13-grandkids. Having run our business for 20-years my wife knows as much about plumbing as most contractors do. Matter of fact to this day she still runs construction crews while we are on a site.

My wife, I think I'll keep her.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

MARK, THANKSGIVING MUST BE A BLOCK PARTY. MY WIFE COMES HOME TOMORROW AND I NEED TO GET A DATE FROM HER TO HELP WITH A PIPE PULL. YOU SHOWED AN INTEREST IN WATCHING. PROBABLY NOT TILL AFTER MIDDLE OF SEPT. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.
              THANK'S FOR COOLING THINGS OFF. IT'S BEEN HOT ENOUGH THIS WEEK JUST GOING OUTSIDE. DON'T NEED MORE HEAT INSIDE.

RICK.

[ 08-27-2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

plumberrick,

You have taken things completely out of context and tried feebly to play a silly game of gotcha. You have been rude arrogant and condescending stemming from remarks I made in an attempt to show humility. Nothing ever needed corrected. Now you want me to act like nothing ever was screamed out of your computer. NO

It will be best if we simply did not reply to each others comments.

I do give you credit for being able to pull a post out from last spring. Even though I stand fully behind everything I wrote during that thread, and even though after all of the facts were drawn from the poster I agreed with you, you act like I should lay in the prone position. Until we knew how that heater was installed there was a legitimate reason to be concerned about the noises it was making. Your recent thread about all of the incompetent residential contractors in your own home State months after the fact only confirm that.

Now Rick, You have established that you are a competent user of your computer and this website. It stands to reason by any sensible adult that you can also post without using all Captial letters. You can choose to be a rude and arrogant screamer or you can post like a responsible and reasonable adult. That choice is entirely yours. Which will it be?

Comment

plumber, thanks for puting an end to this topic. my wife and all others i'm sure would like that.

as far as changing my all caps way of doing things, i doubt it.
                  i've used this line for others.
                  "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"
                  but you can see i'm trying.

plumber i didn't try to pull an old thread. it just happened to be a funny punch line. i said the sky is not falling. you responded as chicken little. i thought that was cute. my wife even remembered that one. she's been keeping tabs on this from houston. she'll be home tomorrow and i'll have to behave or she'll hide the computer. then what will i do for fun?
                  by the way, we won last nights game. the tradesmen are in second palce in a 10 team league. not bad for our first season in this new league.
                  well like you said, you don't work weekends unless it pays. got to go sewers are backed up and the wife is away. i get to play.

plumber it's been fun, now it's done. i'll see you on the next interesting topic. the trap primer sounds interesting. i would like to know the results when they figure it out.
                  have a nice weekend. i'm trying. what do you like better, lower case, or all caps? i can't mix and match. the fingers don't work that way.

rick.

Comment

Thank you very much Rick. That is much easier on the old eyes. Please continue with lowercase. It is so much more respectful to all.

I am glad you think I am cute Rick but I am from the Midwest and I don't go that way. It gives me the creeps actually.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
                      Thank you very much Rick. That is much easier on the old eyes. Please continue with lowercase. It is so much more respectful to all.

I am glad you think I am cute Rick but I am from the Midwest and I don't go that way. It gives me the creeps actually.
                      LOL - For the record it gives some of us on the west coast the creeps as well.

Comment

guys, for the record. the "cute" was used for the phrase only. not for plumber or utah.
                        then again i've never met either one of you. who knows?
                        utah, maybe we have a "date" for the pipe bursting job. it's for another contractor and we will sch. in mid sept. i need to also check with my wife, as she is the one who runs the machine. i'm the one with the strong back.
                        keep you posted.

i prefer my wife over you guys. she comes home clean. not like us plumbers.

rick.

Comment

Rick,

Lower case is sooooooo much better. I am going to start a new thread for bursting.

Mark

Comment

ToUtahNow,

I talked with sparky yesterday and the NEC codes regarding copper stubs on water heaters are in effect in Illinois also. I asked him why its never done here. He said that most inspectors are not aware of half of the NEC. He agreed that it was overkill if the rest of the building was in non metallic pipe.

After a nice very long lunch in which this topic carried the lunch room it became apparant that our electrical trades in Illinois are as in a bad of shapes as the piping trades in California. There is no uniform State electrical licensing system here. With no training anyone could buy some electrical equipment, slap a magnet sign on their truck and be a sparky. Its kind a scary.

Comment

Well that started out to be a good topic but some times we should just stick to the topic and check our P.P.'s at the door. I believe I remember you asking if anything could damage the old copper with the new re-circ syestem.With the system you described no, unless you introduced a water softener. The biggest problem with pitting of copper from the inside is velocity(which I think somebody already covered),under sized return line, and the one everyone is starting to learn about "The friendly water softener" with to high a setting on the ppm. Hope this helps.

[ 10-01-2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Quescodeplumb ]
                              christopher

Comment

Working...
                              X