floor drain problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor drain problem

another problem developing in our house. w ehave a full basement without a sump or ejector pump. we have a floor drain and a laundry tub. my washer drains into the laundry tub. i guess this is common in older homes. anyway our floor drain has begun to back up and i am getting water in the basement while doing laundry. my dishwasher (installed by us) has a temporary drain line ran into the same laundry tub until i can get some time to tie it into the actual sewer pipe. so if we do laundry and dishes at the same time or a few loads of laundry we begin to get water. what do i need to do? is this as simple as running a snake through the drain (all i have is a hand held snake), or will it require more than that? is this something that a fairly handy homeowner can do by renting a power snake or is it something that will require a professional? if i should call someone how much should i expect to pay to have it done? and would it be covered under a home warranty?

thanks
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:
    [QB] so if we do laundry and dishes at the same time or a few loads of laundry we begin to get water. what do i need to do? is this as simple as running a snake through the drain (all i have is a hand held snake), or will it require more than that?
    >It could be that simple, fighting with a hand
    >held might not do the job due to the distance but
    >its still worth a try.
    is this something that a fairly handy homeowner can do by renting a power snake or is it something that will require a professional?
    > you can rent a power snake you should first look for a cleanout
    > on the laundry line. Your only downside would be
    >if you could not reach the blockage with whatever
    >you rented. Power snakes are not hard to use but not easy.
    if i should call someone how much should i expect to pay to have it done?
    >Again if its just 15 or 20 feet into that branch
    >then the job should be under $125
    >if it requires snaking the house drain with a large
    >machine it could be double that.
    and would it be covered under a home warranty?
    >Best to read the warranty

Look at site http://www.tpub.com/engbas/8-17.htm
    to familiarize yourself with a typical diagram.

Comment

Working...
    X