X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathtub drains

I am trying to replace a drain in my bathtub, the problem is; The bottom cross piece of the drain, that my remover fits in, is gone. I have been looking for an expandable tool to fit it the 1 1/2" drain so I can unscrew it from the drain pipe.

Try your 2" reamer or failing that use your most beat up chisel on the top of the flange and tap it off

Comment

Use your sawz all. But carefully!

[ 04-22-2004, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: rmurf69 ]

Comment

I really wouldnt reccomend use of a sawzall, it would very easily damage your tub, try a close quarters saw, or a reamer which was already said.

Comment

murf is cool on his reciprocating saw remedy just cut it from the bottom of the tub and use a long blade ....there are some plumbers out here that can use them things with surgical precesion but yea if you dont have the room or the know how call a plumber

Comment

The sawsaw method in the best to use in your case. To help with the cutting use your torch and heat the basket to aneal the metal a bit. This will make the cutting easy. Use the torch only on a steel or cast tub ofcourse.
            Len<BR>Midlantic Plumbing & Heating

Comment

Working...
            X