Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-111 Manual Pipe Threader for a Newby

Hello,

I have a chance to buy a Ridgid manual pipe threader, stand (450), reamer, cutter for a reasonable price ($350). I am a newby to pipe threading, however I have used a 12-R (I believe) in the past. The 12-R seems to be the current standard for pipe threading. My question is: Should I buy the 111-R (6 heads 1/4 to 1 1/4) or look for a 12-R? Is there a big difference between the 111-R and the 12-R?. Are there any pitfalls I should avoid with the 111-r? Any comments? This would be for weekend work around the house, not commercial... I plan to purchase one within the week.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely

George

The only differance is the capacity,a12r goes up to 2inch.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

the main difference is that the 111 will fit into a model 600 electric threader and the 12r will fit a 700 machine. they do make an adapter that will run the 111 in the 700. also the 111 is an enclosed ratchet and the 12r is exposed.

what are you planing to thread with this? gas pipe, water pipe , or electrical conduit

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

R-111 Manual Pipe Threader for a Newby

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
        the main difference is that the 111 will fit into a model 600 electric threader and the 12r will fit a 700 machine. they do make an adapter that will run the 111 in the 700. also the 111 is an enclosed ratchet and the 12r is exposed.

what are you planing to thread with this? gas pipe, water pipe , or electrical conduit

rick.
        I plan to use the set for threading black pipe in maintaining a steam heating plant and natural gas lines. I do not see any conduit threading in the future. Is an enclosed ratchet better/worse than an exposed one?

Aerowesty

Comment

Working...
        X