Threading Pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threading Pipe

I need to rent or buy a pipe threader to thread 1-1/2" conduit. I'll probably only use the threader a few times on variuous jobs on my fixer upper house. Should I rent something or ebay one of these ratchet manual tools. I'm looking for the right tool for the job that won't break the bank. Any reccomendations?

1 1/2" threader is probably a once in a life time use for a fixer upper unless you have galvanized drain lines. I regularly use 1/2 and 3/4 threaders for my own work and some side work. My suggestion is to rent. A Ridgid pipe cutter 1/2" to 2" is $107 at HD. Threader and ratchet probably more. $17/day for die, ratchet and cutter at Rental Max. I have my own tristand so figure extra for it. I use my threader for gas drier, water heater, and furnace. I've used my threader twice in 3 years, but then again they were given to me by a retiring maintenance man. Watch for auctions or yard sales if you are intent on owning your own. I've picked up a lot of used tools that I don't use very often for reasonable prices, but be careful I've seen used stuff go for more than new prices. Go to a farm auction when it's snowing out, things go cheap.

Comment

Addendum,
      Don't buy any bargain items that are foreign made. Ive seen pipes wrenches with bent handles, broken handles (don't ask me how), jaws that slip on pipe that want to bust your arm, broken die jaws on threaders, loose ratcheting and slipping ratcheting on manual threaders. Stick with Rigdid, they are what they claim, the best!

Comment

Re: Threading Pipe

I need some information about Tapping machine SONE auto grip:
        Which company is a manufacturer of machine? Is it RIDGID or BERG & SCHMID or ... So did they had in the past the same model ?
        Where can I buy spare parts?
        I need blades (dies) (Schneidbacken) for 3 inch pipe.

With a friendly greeting
        HIDROMONT Ltd. Prilep
        MACEDONIA
        Igor Aceski
        Attached Files

Comment

I did a Google of the Sone Autogrip and there is a machine online for sale.

http://www.maschinensucher.de/ma2/bi...1-english.html

Amongst the spare parts are Collins dies, although they may use the same dies only. The machine looks a lot more like a Collins than a Ridgid machine. Collins is now owned by Rothenberger.

http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/en/p...ers/index.html

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thread cutting machine Sone (wie Ridgid) Auto Grip 1300L in http://www.maschinensucher.de/ma2/bi...1-english.html

Which company is a manufacturer of machine - Sone (wie Ridgid) ? must be Ridgid?

ty Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

i see 4 dies in picture. what is printed on them? breid...........

Comment

On dies head, and on dies is printed SONE (Auto Grip).

My guess is that SONE is a brand from Japan (in some parts of the machine writes made in Japan) but I believe it is produced in collaboration with other well known manufacturers and sold under another brand.

Comment

www.machine.co.nz. use search function on website. "sone" or "6082". breid.............

Comment

I need new blades (dies) (Schneidbacken) .

Comment

Working...
                    X