X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65R threaders

I'm not real familiar with these types of hand threaders, I recently picked up an old 65R in good cond w/good dies, my question is, what is the difference between this old unit and the new 65R-C? Can i use the same manual and parts list? I can't find any info on the old 65R anywhere.
    Thanks.

Anybody familiar with these guys? Or am I asking in the wrong forum?

Comment

I think the only difference is the work holder assembly has had a design change,other than that they look the same.
      A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

AZ,i will look for an extra,old parts list and manual.i will let you know monday if i have any.
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Originally posted by AZPlumber
          I'm not real familiar with these types of hand threaders, I recently picked up an old 65R in good cond w/good dies, my question is, what is the difference between this old unit and the new 65R-C? Can i use the same manual and parts list? I can't find any info on the old 65R anywhere.
          Thanks.
          az- on the 65r-tc, i believe the difference is the newer one has a "true centering" feature on the rear support guide
          also the newer units are jam proof. i.e the 65r-c.
          i guess hand threading keeps you warm during the winter

rick.
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-25-2006, 01:46 PM.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Chic, Rick, thanks for the responses. I came to the same conclusions about both your comments, but thanks for the back-up. It drives me nuts that Ridgid does'nt seem to support their older products at all whatsoever, not even with parts lists much less manuals anymore. So much for the "lifetime warranty".....I found that out when I wanted to get some parts or service for an old "400" drive I have....but I suppose too it would be a daunting task with all they've put out over the years. But at LEAST explain the differences or upgrade features in the newer models??? But to be fair, Ridgis is'nt the only one. I have some old Milwaukee all-metal power tools that are impossible to find info/parts lists on as well now.

OK, rant done, soap box off.

Rick, I hate hand threading, but I do ALOT of smaller jobs where I only need to re-locate a stretch of black from one location to another. Lugging out an entire 300 setup, or even the 700, takes up alot of space and needless to say gets a bit heavy on one guy. I find that carrying a small tristand and grabbing whatever ratchet or die head as my needs arise on these jobs saves alot of time, wear and tear on the machines, and last but not least, my BACK. But yes, they're great for warming up too, LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X