X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler problems!!

I have a 6 year old Weil Mclain Gold series oil fired boiler. Now here's my problem the hot water in my house only runs about half of what my cold water does!! The gentleman I've hired to fix this problem says that he will have to run acid through the system to clean out the boiler. Could any PROFESSIONAL give me any information on this, it would be greatly apreciated!! I WOULD LIKE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING TO RESPOND TO THIS OR IF YOU'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM!! Thanks for your time!!

Originally posted by swoosh81
    Could any PROFESSIONAL give me any information on this, it would be greatly apreciated!! I WOULD LIKE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING TO RESPOND TO THIS OR IF YOU'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM!! Thanks for your time!!
    I'm a experienced boiler technician and i do not brag and call wy self a professional , but i do know what i'm talking about. i do know wat you need but i'm a handyman to and you do not like handyman so you say in other posts so go hire another pro
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by swoosh81
      I have a 6 year old Weil Mclain Gold series oil fired boiler. Now here's my problem the hot water in my house only runs about half of what my cold water does!! The gentleman I've hired to fix this problem says that he will have to run acid through the system to clean out the boiler. Could any PROFESSIONAL give me any information on this, it would be greatly apreciated!! I WOULD LIKE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THERE TALKING TO RESPOND TO THIS OR IF YOU'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM!! Thanks for your time!!
      If the boiler is limed up with deposits the only way to get flow again is to acid wash it. You hsve not really provided enough information to make that call but assuming all of the pumps and valves and piping has been given a pass then it must be the boiler. It is a fairly common problem with boilers.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks Mark!!

Comment

They sell various chemicals that may be flushed through the boiler and helps to eliminate deposits. Also for heat exchangers. It works very, very well.

The only other things it could be are the pump, or the zone valves. check both of them first, along with proper voltages from T-stats to zone controls and transformer.

But since most of us here are just idiots like you have reminded us plenty in the past, I would'nt take anything we say seriously.

Comment

I'll do just that AZ

Comment

do you have a domestic tank on this for the potable water? if you dont you need to or it will wreck the boiler. and not be covered by warrenty.

Comment

Re: Boiler problems!!

if this is a tankless coil you are talking about either boil it out with acid. i reccomend you have a new coil installed. in some cases when you acid wash a coil they then leak and cause more problems
                "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

Working...
                X