X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Spin Feed Problems

I am trying to use the Power Spin to clear out my kitchen drain. The snake comes out about 4 feet and then is stuck. I can't get it to go any further no matter how hard I squeeze the feed trigger and pull. My guess is that the snake is somehow tangled inside the drum. How do I fix that so that I can use the tool? I have only used this tool once before several months ago and it didn't work then either. I need to use my sink! help!

jeanne, truthfully you're not going to get the snake out at this point. i don't believe the drum comes apart on this homeowner model. typically when a cable flips over in the drum, you need to take the drum apart to untangle it.

also the cable might be rust from the last time. sounds like i would call a plumber and try to get a refund on the snake.

honestly, a kitchen sink is the most difficult fixture to properly clean. give me a sewer full of roots anytime

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

The Ridgid site has the manual for the Power-Spin which shows how to take it apart to replace the cable so I'm sure she can pull the canister apart. That is probably the place to start but I imagine she will still have problems with it. I'm not sure I like the idea of all these DIY snakes.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I did it!

I pulled the part of the canister off that attaches to the handle/drill. I could see that the snake was twisted and caught inside, so I put a vice grip onto the snake and twisted and twisted until I finally was able to get the snake straightened out. After that I was able to snake out the pipe and I got it fixed by myself! I've never been so happy to wash my dishes...

Comment

Thanks

Rick and Mark: I appreciate your willingness to give me some advice. thanks,
          Jeanne

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow
            Rick,

The Ridgid site has the manual for the Power-Spin which shows how to take it apart to replace the cable so I'm sure she can pull the canister apart. That is probably the place to start but I imagine she will still have problems with it. I'm not sure I like the idea of all these DIY snakes.

Mark
            mark, are you looking at the power spin model? i looked too at the site and it's only 1 page in english. nothing showed how to take it apart

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

jeanne, congratulations on both fixing the snake and your drain.
              i'm impressed

stay away from los angeles, or better yet come here, i'll give you all the
              pita kitchen stoppages.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

power spin instructions

I looked all over the ridgid site for instructions to take the canister apart. The only thing I found was a .pdf file of the same instructions that came with the tool... just a short page on how to use it - translated into a bunch of foreign languages. Not too helpful.

If Mark found something more, I'd be interested to know where it is.

Thanks again,
                Jeanne

Comment

moving to L.A.?

Plumber Rick,
                  I grew up in L.A. and moved away to get out of the traffic. Thanks for the offer, but I already have a day job...and can think of just a few other things I'd rather do with my nights!
                  ~Jeanne

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne

If Mark found something more, I'd be interested to know where it is.

Thanks again,
                    Jeanne
                    How's this:

http://www.ridgid.com/AutoSpin/downl...SpinManual.pdf

Look under the section which explains how to replace the cable.

Mark

Comment

mark, she has the "power spin", not the "auto spin" machine.

sounds like there's a new plumber in town. goes by the name JEANNE

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
                        mark, she has the "power spin", not the "auto spin" machine.

sounds like there's a new plumber in town. goes by the name JEANNE

rick.
                        My bad

Comment

not my machine

Mark,
                          I have the Power Spin... it is a much simpler machine. The instructions you lead me to are for the Auto Spin. It's okay. We can drop this. I've gotten everything working. Have a great weekend!
                          Jeanne

Comment

Working...
                          X