Mystery Sewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Sewer

I have had this drian be a real pain in the butt the last couple of weeks of November.I know that it gets clogged up do to roots.I've ran and cleared the drian several times though the month but it kept backing up every other day.But here's the mystery.After running the machine one day though the sewer about seven or eight times knowing it was fully clear it has not done it for the entire month of December.Any clues???????

Sounds like you finally got the clog moved out to the main line. I have a very old home and Water maple trees on my lot I know exactly where the root problems are and I make sure to run the snake all the way into the main sewer line to clear it completely.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I work for a school district.I know exactly where the clogg is also.I do it at least once a year.But this time was weird.II thought for sure the pipe was cracked somewhere.My luck I'll go back into work and it will be clogged up again.

Comment

WITH THIS TYPE OF SITUATION, I WOULD HAVE RUN MY SEWER CAMERA INTO THE LINE ONCE I HAD IT CLEARED. 2 REASONS WHY. #1 TO SEE WHERE THE PROBLEM WAS AND MARK OUT AND LOCATE THE FOOTAGE TO THIS PROBLEM. #2 TO MAKE SURE THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO CAUSE A BLOCKAGE DOWN THE LINE. WHAT I LEARNED OVER THE YEARS AND HUNDREDS OF VIDEOS LATER IS THAT 95% OF THE CLEANING/ SNAKING IS JUST EXCERCISE. THE 5% IS THE REAL WORK OF CLEANING, NOT JUST CLEARING. BY KNOWING YOUR PROBLEM AND FOOTAGE YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ON THIS AREA. KNOWING YOUR TOTAL FOOTAGE IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T SHORT YOUSELF INTO THE MAIN. I MARK MY SEWER CABLES WITH DIFFERENT COLOR PAINT EVERY 10' SO I CAN MATCH UP MY VIDEO WITH MY CLEANING. ALL OF THIS IS DOCUMENTED ONTO MY LAPTOP/ INVOICE. ALMOST LIKE A SEWER DOCTOR.

Comment

I would have loved to do that.But I tried my best to make MANAGEMENT relize the best soultion was to run a camera down it.Then it was a problem b/c they didn't want to get a outside contracter to come in and do that.We do not own a camera YET.
          But there is only so much you can do with your hands tied.

Comment

NEWBEE, SUGGEST TO SHOW YOUR BOSS THIS FORUM. I THINK THEY WIL APRECIATE THE FACT THAT YOUR DOING RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN TIME TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PROBLEM. ALSO SUGGEST T HAVE A RIDGID REP COME OUT FOR A DEMO ON THEIR CAMERA. MAYBEE SANTA WILL BE NICE NEXT YEAR. IF ALL ELSE FAILS STICK WITH IT. SOMEDAY YOU WILL BE THE BOSS. RICK.

Comment

Wouldn't won't that job ever.I like to get my hands dirty.I would only hope santa would bring me that big present sooner that next year.Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Well I guess I spoke to soon the sewer is back at it again.Back up twice this week.

Comment

AS I STATED BEFORE, SNAKE OUT THE LINE TO CLEAR IT. THEN GET SOMEONE TO CAMEA THE LINE AND PUT AN END TO ALL THE GUESSWORK. I'M SURE A REP CAN DEMO A CAMERA FOR YOU. RICK

Comment

That is exactly what will happen now.As long as the pencil pushers let it happen.But if they don't it's job security.

Comment

I work for a plumbing Co. in Columbus,Oh and i've been istalling backwater valves in homes. Thier problem is the sewer.It is backing up,because it is over filled with rain water that is that is mixed in with sewer.If you live in a city check in to that.

Comment

Gone fishing, what your main sewer maintainance peopleneed to do is to throw a few coloured smoke bombs into the main sewer, and see if anyone has connected their house stormwater into the main sewer. Then make an example of those who it catches. They do it block by block. The smart people put a trap in their stormwater before it goes into the sewer. The filthy mongrells.

Comment

A lot of the older cities in the USA have combination sewers where storm run off goes directly into the sewers. During normal rains their systems could handle the volume. When these systems were built they were usually done largely by hand and even such a crude system as this was a vast improvement over what they had.

The problem now is that with more asphalt and concrete, 1000 times more sewage volume, and handbuilt sewers on the verge of collapse every large rain in our older cities creates sewage problems. This will get a lot worse before it gets better. Backwater valves are a temporary bandaid until voters decide to pay for modern sewer systems.

Sewers are not sexy, ballparks, hiking trails and any other project one can dream up will almost always take priority over a sewerage project. Its short sighted planning and our nations older cities are sweeping a huge problem under the rug that only gets more expensive each year modernization is put off. Like a misguided homeowner that completely remodels his 80 year old house and leaves all of the old plumbing heating and electrical systems in place and does not repair any dryrot.. He gets to look at his pretty new wallboard, cabinets and carpet, but the homes infrastructure is a disaster waiting to happen.
                          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

in san francisco , all the roof gutter drains plumb into the side sewer. dump it on the ground? go to jail.

all cast iron and copper
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X