• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cutting cast iron pipe

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Classic
    I miss you Dog
    Yeah, same here bud...a dyin' breed he was.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Mr. Gofor, By your reasoning I must only surmise that you feel that lawyers, doctors, dentists, structural engineers, and architects should not need to hold a license either. Or is that somehow "different" Let me remind you that the plumbing "profession" is over 2000 years old and is not a trade, or occupation. It, like the above is a true profession. So next time you have a tooth acting up, or need a spot of surgery, why not come see me? I'll be more than glad to hack the problem out.
      You still running a special on appendix removal?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        You still running a special on appendix removal?
        I'm almost sure I've got a coupon from him for $50.00 off the first kidney removal as long as I sign up for some kind of annual check up plan.I'll have to check my coupon drawer.

Comment

If I had any hair left, I would pull it out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            If I had any hair left, I would pull it out.
            AHHH,
            The benefits of being a high school teacher.
            The only thing more pleasurable can be spending your spare time on the computer with a couple of bitter plumbers.

Comment

Thanks for answering the original question somewhere amongst the childish attacks. Viable information is great.

The responses from some of the "professionals" here merely reaffirm my general consensus on plumbing "professionals" to date. You guys all seem like a bunch of immature f***s who have egos bigger than TX, and I certainly wouldn't want any of you working in my house... and why do you have so much time to waste on attacking those who are merely trying to learn something new?

I hope I never have to resort to paying anyone from your trade a dime.

Way to represent your trade. Very "professional".

Comment

Re: Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Guitar collector View Post
                I just registered so I could log in and thank the helpers for this info. I'm pretty handy and have tackled some projects that most people would hire a pro to do, but never ran into iron pipe. Copper, ABS, PVC: no problem, but how the hell do they cut this stuff when its jammed into a wall?

So I googled the question and wound up here and I'm happy - I LOVE my reciprocating saw. I remind my wife of Jack Nicholson in The Shining with it, so she's not going to be thrilled - but I' happy.

I'm also thankful and, as was requested, if anybody wants to know the dimensional difference between a Martin bridgeplate in maple or rosewood, let me know.

Count me in.Do you wind pick ups? The bridge p/u in the Les Paul crapped out.
                Driftin' away again in.....
                I don't mind helping a man help himself on the minor stuff.We all ask a hand of someone in another trade and become wiser on a given task or chore at hand.
                So....how about some home fillings repair.My toof hurts.
                What a peeing match we have here tonight! (Just remember "Electricity is not a hobby!")

So!*only* 23000 odd looks at this little thread! Wow.Back to my iso drawings.
                Last edited by Jay Mpls; 09-02-2009, 09:01 PM. Reason: Random thread drift

Comment

Originally posted by sumchick View Post
                  Thanks for answering the original question somewhere amongst the childish attacks. Viable information is great.

The responses from some of the "professionals" here merely reaffirm my general consensus on plumbing "professionals" to date. You guys all seem like a bunch of immature f***s who have egos bigger than TX, and I certainly wouldn't want any of you working in my house... and why do you have so much time to waste on attacking those who are merely trying to learn something new?

Oh boy... You don't have a clue, do you? When someone says plumbing or electrical work is easy, well it can be. Anyone with a pulse or a heartbeat can, after a fashion do plumbing or electrical work. But to say it is easy belittles a licenced professional's ability and the work he/she took to get there. Medicine is easy, I self medicate all the time, I don't need an accountant because I can add and subtract. People on this forum are willing to give advice to those who seek it, but don't belittle us when we "attack" someone who says plumbing or electrical work is easy after coming here to ask how to sweat a fitting or wire a three way switch. What do you do for a living? Do you freely share your expertise and experience with anyone who asks? If you do, and they say "that's easy" wouldn't you feel insulted after having attended school, sweated and went through the ranks to get to where you are now? I for one have 38 years in "the trades" and if it wasn't for us, you would be sh1tting outside by the light of a candle.

Comment

Sigh. I am starting to really hate people that come here looking for a free handout then crap on plumbers. Sigh. I am going to bed now. Then tomorrow I will do the unspeakable for the ungrateful. wait, I forgot, I don't do hardly any residential anymore, only as a favor. And they are grateful. Unlike the ingrates here.

Comment

here's the issue. this is your first post and the original question is 3 years old. unfortunately plumbdog has passed away a year ago june.

you sort of opened up a topic that is heavily debated here on this forum.

honestly, i can't understand why this would be your first post on a subject that was over a year old with the last post

if you do stick around and read the thousands and thousands of other post, you'll get to appreciate the input and discussion from all the members.

remember that forums are like politics. there are 2 sides to most discussions

the right side and the wrong side

stick around and contribute if you're here for a serious reason

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

All cracked up and no where to ho?

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                          Oh boy... You don't have a clue, do you? When someone says plumbing or electrical work is easy, well it can be. Anyone with a pulse or a heartbeat can, after a fashion do plumbing or electrical work. But to say it is easy belittles a licenced professional's ability and the work he/she took to get there. Medicine is easy, I self medicate all the time, I don't need an accountant because I can add and subtract. People on this forum are willing to give advice to those who seek it, but don't belittle us when we "attack" someone who says plumbing or electrical work is easy after coming here to ask how to sweat a fitting or wire a three way switch. What do you do for a living? Do you freely share your expertise and experience with anyone who asks? If you do, and they say "that's easy" wouldn't you feel insulted after having attended school, sweated and went through the ranks to get to where you are now? I for one have 38 years in "the trades" and if it wasn't for us, you would be sh1tting outside by the light of a candle.
                          Man, I've been feeling like this and wanting to explain it this way for a long time. To say that you hit the nail on the head is merely an understatement. good post dude.

Comment

Speaking of cutting cast iron pipe when did Ridgid come out with these? http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Press-Sn...tter/index.htm
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            Ron's Facebook
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              Speaking of cutting cast iron pipe when did Ridgid come out with these? http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Press-Sn...tter/index.htm
                              what sewer tunnel have you've been hiding in?

we got a sneak preview last june 08 at the roundup with 2 different designs.

got to actually play with this model in june at our los angeles trade show.

sure is slick as there is no adjustment necessary for the pipe sizes.

it wouldn't surprise me to have a snapping session at the roundup.

the neat thing is the brains behind all the toys will be sitting in with us at the group sessions.

we learn from them and they learn from us. it's a win, win, deal.

i just plan on doing a little more winning than the rest

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                i just plan on doing a little more whining than the rest

rick.
                                You had a typo. I fixed it for you.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X